💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Britney loved so much by gays?

Better Day

Featured Posts

Mobster

Maybe some straight people don't feel comfortable enough to express their love for pop music, because pop fanbases have already been (ridiculously) established by society as a  "gay" niche... It has nothing to do with pop music being exclusive to gay individuals or ingrained in us

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip
10 minutes ago, Tropico said:

I wonder the same thing. People online acting like she's the best thing to come from pop music... why? She is so mediocre imo. Her albums are never phenomenal. She has a few good tracks but honestly, she is overrated (which is funny because I've noticed the Army on Exhale and some here are the first to scream "overrated").. I think it's just her (annoying imo) princess diva act which attracted a large amount of the gay community. Mostly the white gay community (don't take this the wrong way, any person of any race and of any s-xuality can be interested in her. She just has a large fanbase of young white gay men)

If I see one more person act like Blackout is the most iconic pop album of all time... :giveup: 

You really don't know Britney Spears. It's okay to think she'd mediocre and overrated but to say she's a princess diva act is false. Mariah is a diva (I still love her) Britney is not. Many celebrities will tell you that Britney is a sweetheart and she has always ignored the negativity as much as she could. Also what does being a gay white man have to do with loving britney? I'm a latino man and I adore her as much as any other gay white man. Britney has a large following of fans from all walks of life. Most Britney fans I've met in real life were either latino or asian. 

Alien Tulip
6 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

As a Stan, I must disagree. Myself and many others believe her discography to be amazing and consistent quality wise over the years. I've listened to every song off every album and a vast majority are really good imo. 

Shes not a diva, she's more girl next door. She presents a sweet, humble image to the public.

and while Blackout isn't the best pop album ever, not even Britneys best, it's a damn good one and many people seem to think so. From opening to closing the album is truly flawless and its def in my top 3 from her.

I agree with everything you said. I cant believe some people think of britney as a diva like Mariah or Xtina :smh: She's always been one of the sweetest celebrities out there. I like Blackout but In The Zone is my favorite album along with Oops I Did It Again.

Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

I agree with everything you said. I cant believe some people think of britney as a diva like Mariah or Xtina :smh: She's always been one of the sweetest celebrities out there. I like Blackout but In The Zone is my favorite album along with Oops I Did It Again.

I prefer Blackout over those albums but Oops is my third fav and ITZ is my fourth, so I agree that they're great albums. Femme Fatale is my number one. 

Its hard tho because all her albums have really great music. I could go on and on about "lesser quality" albums like BOMT and Britney and even BJ on good they are. Her discography is immaculate.

Theres a reason why many Britney stand melted down at the B:POM setlist, there's too much to choose from.

Evan Peters

why are people so obsessed with attaching the music you like to what your s-xuality is :rip: 

emma roberts is an abuser

Alien Tulip
4 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I prefer Blackout over those albums but Oops is my third fav and ITZ is my fourth, so I agree that they're great albums. Femme Fatale is my number one. 

Its hard tho because all her albums have really great music. I could go on and on about "lesser quality" albums like BOMT and Britney and even BJ on good they are. Her discography is immaculate.

Yeah I love all of her albums but I'm not gonna lie Britney Jean was underwhelming to me mostly because I was excited for 2013 because Gaga and Britney were releasing new albums and both were underwhelming for me but there are a few songs on Britney Jean I enjoyed like Work Bitch, Passenger, Perfume and........I actually like Now That I Found You even though its so cheesy but its fun. 

Born To Slay
Just now, Alien Tulip said:

Yeah I love all of her albums but I'm not gonna lie Britney Jean was underwhelming to me mostly because I was excited for 2013 because Gaga and Britney were releasing new albums and both were underwhelming for me but there are a few songs on Britney Jean I enjoyed like Work Bitch, Passenger, Perfume and........I actually like Now That I Found You even though its so cheesy but its fun. 

Yeah, it's not her best work but I still really liked most of it. I loved the songs you said and Hold On Tite is honestly a discography highlight IMO. It was different from what I expected, so I appreciated that.

DiscoHeaven23

it's because britney has struggled so much, and many gays have struggled through their journey of coming out and dealing with the aftermath so they relate to her a lot.

Born To Slay
4 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

why are people so obsessed with attaching the music you like to what your s-xuality is :rip: 

I don't get it either, Britney music is for everyone. She has fans from all races, genders, s-xualities, etc not because of her looks or her attitude but because her music can speak to anyone who listens to it, because her lyrical content can move a person, because of the variety in genres she's tackled, her voice is a unique one with a sweet and bubbly taste at times but also a hard, slick taste at others. She makes music for the ears and for the heart. 

The Child

You guys need to chill, it was simply a question.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

You guys need to chill, it was simply a question.

It's an offensive question, at least, to me it was. With society already stereotyping our fanbase (and pop music in general), we don't need to do it to ourselves. And a lot of str8 people get **** from society for listening to pop music, so many are quick to get defensive when it happens within our community especially when people on sites like here and Exhale bully us as well.

Better Day
5 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I don't get it either, Britney music is for everyone. She has fans from all races, genders, s-xualities, etc not because of her looks or her attitude but because her music can speak to anyone who listens to it, because her lyrical content can move a person, because of the variety in genres she's tackled, her voice is a unique one with a sweet and bubbly taste at times but also a hard, slick taste at others. She makes music for the ears and for the heart. 

You need to chill. You are making out that I said that only gays listen to Britney. What I said is Britney has a huge gay fanbase. I know other people love Britney as well. So calm yo tits. 

Together You And I!

Duella Dvil
48 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

It's hard to say but Britney has always been kind to the gay community. Even during her debut, a lot of her dancers were gay and she didn't care. Britney has always been one of the nicest people in the music industry and til this day shes one of the most iconic (god I hate using that word) pop stars. She had this sort of girl next door look to her but she wasn't snobby or ever became pretentious. She was america's sweetheart and many people loved her for not only her music but her personality. It wasn't until the media got obsessed with her until she went through a hard time: 2007 meltdown and 2010 secret meltdown. Britney always had an old soul too. People like to call her a brain dead robot (which is very disgusting considering they are aware of her mental illness) but in fact Britney is an intelligent woman. She may not sing live but she did write a lot of songs on Oops I Did It Again to Britney Jean. She comes up with the ideas of her music videos and stage performances. She may not have the best vocabulary but that doesn't define one's intelligence because I can tell you I know A LOT of people with masters degrees and PHds that feel intelligent because they know all of these big words but once you get to know them you realize they have a maturity level of a middle school bully. I know I didn't answer your question but gay people have always loved Britney and Madonna from a natural place in their heart and still do til this day.

Mental illness? (not mocking)

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Born To Slay
Just now, MissRebelDolly said:

You need to chill. You are making out that I said that only gays listen to Britney. What I said is Britney has a huge gay fanbase. I know other people love Britney as well. So calm yo tits. 

Okay, I'm sorry for getting worked up over this. Questions like this kinda put on the defense from past experiences I've had on pop music sites. 

Archived