Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Live Nation Press Release confirms: Rihanna's album out this week!

jojuun

Featured Posts

Whispering
52 minutes ago, Gaga Delano said:

Wow you guys are so ****ed up on the head. Trust me, if Gaga followed the same way with what Rihanna is doing right now, you guys will say "Wow! Gaga is so original ! She makes us hype with teases and codes to make us figure it out! So fun!  I love her!"  

If Gaga's next era was as messy as R8 has been so far, fans, non-fans and trolls here would drag her until there was nothing left. It would be merciless and 24 hours a day. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Oyster
42 minutes ago, AmericanHSlave said:

From what Rihanna has shown us thus far, her team is promoting the album all over again which is a good sign. Hopefully these promotion campaigns will pay off. A lot of so called "fans" were very impatient and want the album be released immediately, but I think it's a good thing Rihanna doesn't just drop it in front of us. The promotions are amazing and they develop the visuals.

Yeah! They are really working hard now :) We'll see if it pays off.

Personally I think I'll love the songs bc of her leaning more and more onto hip-hop and R&B since Rated R. Knowing Kanye and Travis Scott are on it I almost know it will be good. But for the GP we'll see xd

Haroon

Next week, next month, next year, whatever :giveup: I wouldn't be surprised if the tour is changed to a greatest hits tour and ANTI's pushed back :duck: 

Didymus
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

If Gaga's next era was as messy as R8 has been so far, fans, non-fans and trolls here would drag her until there was nothing left. It would be merciless and 24 hours a day. 

This argument always really confuses me. Rihanna has had one monster hit this year and even if it hadn't been commercially successful and critically acclaimed, a collab with Kanye and McCartney?! Sign me up! The video was perfectly enjoyable and we got to see a whole new Rihanna.

So that's not even it, she releases two incredible singles that are so obviously a step up from her previous musical work. We get two nice, fresh and original videos for it and Bitch Better Have My Money became a staying musical presence on streaming services.

Her visuals are already 100x more interesting and artistic than she ever had. She's working hard on her record, perfecting it until it's spotless and she's obviously more interested in creating something special that will stand the test of time, not for the world but for herself which is admirable, not really caring about promoting her work the usual way and leaving behind commercial tactics to get on top (for which she should be praised imo, not insulted as she is here all the time). She uses cute promo with innovative technology, announces a stellar tour, releases a new perfume, becomes the new face of Dior in video and ad campaigns and releases a gorgeous, artistic powerhouse of a cover art.

All the articles about how this era was messy and chaotic and how Rihanna was desperate for hits etc. were 100% fabricated by gossip websites, including the ones that kept announcing the album was coming very soon (Rihanna did announce the album was coming soon literally a year ago, but I don't see how that's so much more terrible than Gaga's notorious "soons").

So in the end, 2015 brought:

- 4 singles, one critically acclaimed and commercially successful, the others all talked about extensively by music journalists for their fresh new direction (excl. Towards the Sun, which however was praised)
- 5 new songs in total
- 3 music videos
- several album snippets, including a full interlude
- several magazine photo shoots, incl. covers
- Dior video and ad campaign
- new perfume
- live performances
- the collaborative artwork for the album
- massive tour announcement including popular support acts

That's more impressive to me than what Gaga did in one year for ARTPOP so remind me where the messy factor is exactly except in how several fanbases lost their **** for no reason based on general obsession and completely unreliable gossip trash.

Whispering
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

This argument always really confuses me. Rihanna has had one monster hit this year and even if it hadn't been commercially successful and critically acclaimed, a collab with Kanye and McCartney?! Sign me up! The video was perfectly enjoyable and we got to see a whole new Rihanna.

So that's not even it, she releases two incredible singles that are so obviously a step up from her previous musical work. We get two nice, fresh and original videos for it and Bitch Better Have My Money became a staying musical presence on streaming services.

Her visuals are already 100x more interesting and artistic than she ever had. She's working hard on her record, perfecting it until it's spotless and she's obviously more interested in creating something special that will stand the test of time, not for the world but for herself which is admirable, not really caring about promoting her work the usual way and leaving behind commercial tactics to get on top (for which she should be praised imo, not insulted as she is here all the time). She uses cute promo with innovative technology, announces a stellar tour, releases a new perfume, becomes the new face of Dior in video and ad campaigns and releases a gorgeous, artistic powerhouse of a cover art.

All the articles about how this era was messy and chaotic and how Rihanna was desperate for hits etc. were 100% fabricated by gossip websites, including the ones that kept announcing the album was coming very soon (Rihanna did announce the album was coming soon literally a year ago, but I don't see how that's so much more terrible than Gaga's notorious "soons").

So in the end, 2015 brought:

- 4 singles, one critically acclaimed and commercially successful, the others all talked about extensively by music journalists for their fresh new direction (excl. Towards the Sun, which however was praised)
- 5 new songs in total
- 3 music videos
- several album snippets, including a full interlude
- several magazine photo shoots, incl. covers
- Dior video and ad campaign
- new perfume
- live performances
- the collaborative artwork for the album
- massive tour announcement including popular support acts

That's more impressive to me than what Gaga did in one year for ARTPOP so remind me where the messy factor is exactly except in how several fanbases lost their **** for no reason based on general obsession and completely unreliable gossip trash.

Nah, I'd rather have ARTPOP. :)

The comment wasn't about whether Rihanna has delivered anything of worth, but that the people at GGD would have torn Gaga to bits for the same type of drawn out era with the same type of album release confusion. I don't care how or when Rihanna releases this album either way. My point was that many people here would have slaughtered Gaga if she delivered the same type of roll out as R8 has been. 

Didymus
Just now, Whispering said:

Nah, I'd rather have ARTPOP. :)

The comment wasn't about whether Rihanna has delivered anything of worth, but that the people at GGD would have torn Gaga to bits for the same type of drawn out era with the same type of album release confusion. I don't care how or when Rihanna releases this album either way. My point was that many people here would have slaughtered Gaga if she delivered the same type of roll out as R8 has been. 

I don't see how you can know that at all. If this fanbase was able to survive the ARTPOP wait and the post-Applause terror without resorting to tearing Gaga to bits (and I've been here - that did not happen at all; jokes were made, some people got bitter and left but absolutely not the majority), then I really fail to see why anyone would try to drag Gaga as hard as people are dragging Rihanna right now.

Whispering
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I don't see how you can know that at all. If this fanbase was able to survive the ARTPOP wait and the post-Applause terror without resorting to tearing Gaga to bits (and I've been here - that did not happen at all; jokes were made, some people got bitter and left but absolutely not the majority), then I really fail to see why anyone would try to drag Gaga as hard as people are dragging Rihanna right now.

Simple observation over the past few years. I gotta go, catch you later! :) 

djBuffoon
6 hours ago, Adelephant said:

Thanks to the Oscars performance, Cheek To Cheek and Grammy's - Lady Gaga is now more liked and respected by the GP.

It's not 2013 anymore, boo. 

Not to mention American Horror Story.

Battle 4 Ur Life

omg. R8, ****ing finally. I'm very curious about it which is something new for me.

I LIVE 4 BBHMM.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

MrFameKills

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east

When the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves

Then it will be released and not before

tumblr_mswg19HIjt1sctwhzo1_500.gif

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

StrawberryBlond
Just now, Didymus said:

Gaga didn't cancel a planned BRITS promo slot. Gaga didn't release three singles and then disappear from the public eye despite not releasing the album. Gaga didn't unveil the album cover without a release date. Gaga didn't cancel a Victoria's Secret promo slot. Gaga didn't put her tour tickets on sale before the album was released. Gaga didn't make us wait just under A YEAR from the lead single's release to the album's release.

There was no sense of "surviving the era" in the sense of waiting (except for the DWUW video). It's not like she announced the release date of the album and then cancelled it. It's not like she released a lead single that didn't make the final cut and kept us waiting months for a re-worked album. No, out the blue, she announced the lead single name, release date, album name and release date in an official announcement. She released the lead single and then the album 3 months later, just like everyone else releases albums. She kept to her word. She maintained her true vision and didn't change it. Yes, we never got the DWUW video and the Australian promo got cancelled but it wasn't that it was poor planning, it was outside forces that forced those things to happen (change of management).

Rihanna's era has been a shambles. Her fans have been trying to believe for months that she just put her lead single out very early to keep them going but it's been painfully obvious for a long time that the delay was all because the singles were unexpectantly underperforming, nothing else. Rihanna was doing magazine interviews back in February talking about how the album was coming out real soon (and those interviews are actually conducted about 2 months before publication) back when she thought 45S was going to be a slow burning hit. So, she was saying it was almost done nearly a year ago. Her fans were ready for a March/April release that never came. And it only got worse from there. Rihanna has never made her fans wait this long for an album or delayed an album indefinitely, so this has massively shook up her fans. Most have given up on this album. This situation isn't even remotely close to how ARTPOP panned out.

Archived