💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Fame is bigger than Baby One More Time?

ezrajones

Featured Posts

ezrajones

So, Billboard recently made it clear that The Fame is the 12th most successful album of all time. Coupled with it's sales of more than 15 million, it's 6 #1 pop singles, 2 #1 Hot 100 singles and string of 7 top 10 Hot 100 hits, 227 million dollar grossing tour and multi-billion video views -- is it safe to say that this album era is much bigger than ...Baby One More Time?

It wins in all major categories: 

Bigger album? Check (just a bit less in sales)

Bigger singles? Check

Bigger tour? Check

More known? Check

More acclaimed? Check

So, what do you guys think? :wub:

edit: and don't serve me the "The Fame Monster is a seperate era!" nonsense.

Gaga

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

Oooohhhhh man... Yes, all you say is true! But it's comparing apples to oranges. A Hollywood-ready young pop diva bursting onto the scene at the height of the record industry's mega-billions, selling boatloads of albums per week on the back of a strong lead single vs. an average looking Italian girl releasing a dance pop album 10 years later when it was anything but "cool" to do that at a time when NO ONE in the world was paying for music. Apples and oranges --- yet, two of a kind! 

Here's to Britney and Gaga! 

lady_gaga_02.jpg

vox.com_.jpg

Kulture Kiari
7 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

They were separate eras.

This!  You could clearly see the difference from The Fame and The Fame Monster era. The Fame era was filled with glamour, electronics, and fame. While The Fame Monster has a darker feel. Even her makeup was done in darker shades, her clothing being less Fame Infused and instead having the same dark touch TFM album had. 

JusKeepBreathin

That's too close to call for me. When Britney ripped off the suit on the VMA's and revealed the nude bedazzled outfit underneath it was everything. Everybody has done a nude bedazzled outfit since then and she revealed her tattoo on her lower back. She easily made tramp stamps a thing. Then the was Gaga's Paparrazzi VMA's and all the sudden everyone was doing dramatic artistic performances. I can't decide. I going to go with Gaga only because of the tour. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ezrajones
19 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Oooohhhhh man... Yes, all you say is true! But it's comparing apples to oranges. A Hollywood-ready young pop diva bursting onto the scene at the height of the record industry's mega-billions, selling boatloads of albums per week on the back of a strong lead single vs. an average looking Italian girl releasing a dance pop album 10 years later when it was anything but "cool" to do that at a time when NO ONE in the world was paying for music. Apples and oranges --- yet, two of a kind! 

Here's to Britney and Gaga! 

lady_gaga_02.jpg

vox.com_.jpg

But since Gaga was able to sell as much as she did in the age of piracy and streaming that makes it even more impressive compared to Britney who was giving her album away in cereal boxes.

Gaga

GloZell Green

Britney was iconic, but I really think that The Fame is better because it delivered songs like Paparazzi, Just Dance, and Poker Face that are still remembered to this day, and define pop music as a whole. Basically, some of the best songs of the century imo 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Mister Gaga

I think that The Fame is way more acclaimed, but BOMT was just iconic. Britney went from being a stranger to the world's most famous person; getting instant attention from the media with just one song; she was compared to Madonna having just one album.

I really don't know, it's close. But BOMT might be a little bit ahead. 

ezrajones
5 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

I think that The Fame is way more acclaimed, but BOMT was just iconic. Britney went from being a stranger to the world's most famous person; getting instant attention from the media with just one song; she was compared to Madonna having just one album.

I really don't know, it's close. But BOMT might be a little bit ahead. 

Britney didn't get madonna comparisons until Slave and Toxic (whereas Gaga got them from Poker Face onward). She was just a teeny booper that no one took seriously and laughed at. She was panned by critics, too. All she had was one hit single and ok album sales for the time (BOMT was #3 best selling in its release year). 

The Fame has everything and then some so I'm just confused as to why Britney's album is regarded as anything out of the ordinary at all. It never charts anywhere either so it's definitely been forgotten.

Gaga

ReidOne
5 minutes ago, ezrajones said:

Britney didn't get madonna comparisons until Slave and Toxic (whereas Gaga got them from Poker Face onward). She was just a teeny booper that no one took seriously and laughed at. She was panned by critics, too. All she had was one hit single and ok album sales for the time (BOMT was #3 best selling in its release year). 

The Fame has everything and then some so I'm just confused as to why Britney's album is regarded as anything out of the ordinary at all. It never charts anywhere either so it's definitely been forgotten.

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, but I have to interject... Britney has been getting Madonna comparisons since BOMT was released as a single. From the moment the world saw Britney doing tight choreography to a R&B-based pop tune in 1998, the world was saying "NEW MADONNA!!!" ... We had been hungering for it! 

ezrajones
Just now, ReidOne said:

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, but I have to interject... Britney has been getting Madonna comparisons since BOMT was released as a single. From the moment the world saw Britney doing tight choreography to a R&B-based pop tune in 1998, the world was saying "NEW MADONNA!!!" ... We had been hungering for it! 

Your memory may have lapsed sis. The britney army is very adept at making her seem like she mattered.

Thing was, Britney was disrespected and looked at as "ruining music" right out the gate. Madonna was never looked at that way - in fact, Madonna was seen as the opposite and so was/is Gaga. Britney was always seen as a stupid pop tart that was an easy cash in for record labels in 1999-2000 when she had a career.

Gaga

ReidOne
1 minute ago, ezrajones said:

Your memory may have lapsed sis. The britney army is very adept at making her seem like she mattered.

Thing was, Britney was disrespected and looked at as "ruining music" right out the gate. Madonna was never looked at that way - in fact, Madonna was seen as the opposite and so was/is Gaga. Britney was always seen as a stupid pop tart that was an easy cash in for record labels in 1999-2000 when she had a career.

No shade at all, just sheer curiosity... How old are you, love? 

ezrajones
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

No shade at all, just sheer curiosity... How old are you, love? 

Old enough to remember Britney. I watched trl and vh1 all the time, too and never saw a lick of the Madonna stuff until Slave/Me Against the Music. And people more or less just mocked her, looked at her as a sloppy s-x icon and treated her like a passing fad. 

Madonna (and Gaga) was never treated or looked at that way even in the beginning so the comparisons are dumb.

Anyway, The Fame > BOMT. There's just no other option imo :ohno:

Gaga

Angel Baby

Well people only remember 1 song from the BOMT album while everyone remembers JD,PF,Papparazzi,alejandro,BR,telephone from the FAME :ph34r:

Daddy's Lil Monster ???

Mister Gaga
14 minutes ago, ezrajones said:

I don't get the point of this thread. In the OP, you asked our opinion, and now you argue each and every one of them...

bye felicia

• Admin locked this topic

Archived