Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

25 years of 'Love takes Time'

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

On Nov. 10, 1990, the single "Love Takes Time" (off Carey's self-titled debut album, Mariah Carey) rose to the top of the BillboardCharts, establishing Carey as a veritable force in pop – and a hair icon who would go on to define a generation of curl envy. That's right – it's been a full 25 years since Carey's hauntingly powerful vocals became the soundtrack to break-ups everywhere. 

"Love Takes Time" was the second in an astonishing streak of four consecutive No. 1 singles from that record, including "Vision of Love," "Someday" and "I Don't Wanna Cry." 

Mariah actually dislikes it because the song was put on the album before it was finished. [She actually intended for it to be on Emotions; also they shortened the whistle on the bridge]

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

JusKeepBreathin

Queen of number ones. :flutter:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

DiscoHeaven23

All of her 90's songs make me so calm, like its unexplainable. Brings me back to when I was little, growing up in the 90's and everything in the world was okay. Who needs Xanax, when you've got 90's mariah carey songs??

One of my favorite Mariah songs.. God bless. This and Mine Again give me so much feels. 90sriah was a beast, no one could ever top those vocals gurl.

migamiga

Love this song! It was a little before my time and I never really listened to it until a couple years ago and it still sounds amazing. 

I admire her songwriting so much :wub:

Archived