Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Let's Talk About Two Album Anniversaries

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

So I'm gonna pretend I live on the west coast and its still November 6th. 

So today two albums from iconic women were released. 

Let's start with the 15th Anniversary of the Spice Girls final album Forever (that's ironic). This, of course, was the album that didn't feature Geri Halliwell. The first single of this album "Goodbye" was released two years prior to the release of the album. Though it wasn't officially the lead single, it is still on the album. Two official lead singles were released called "Holler" and "Let Love Lead the Way", neither charted on the Hot 100 but went #1 in the UK. The album has sold 210,000 copies in the US. 

hq-forever.jpg

The next album is Britney Spears' third album Britney which is celebrating its 14th anniversary. This album's era was introduced by the lead single "I'm A Slave 4 U", an iconic assertion that Britney Spears was growing up. The lead single was followed by singles "Overprotected", "Im Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman", "I Love Rock N' Roll", "Anticipating" and "Boys" (recut for the Austin Powers soundtrack). This album was not as successful as Britney's previous two, but many speculate that this was because of Clear Channel's rumored radio ban of her music, due to a sponsorship fallout. The album has sold 5 million copies in the US. 

Hot 100 Chart performance: 

Im A Slave 4 U: #27

Overprotected: #86

I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman: #102

Boys Remix: #122

Britney-Album-Cover.png

The Child

Britney :gaga:

I love this album!

I also love the fact that she was more involved in co-writing songs and the videos and all. That era was truly gold. :queenga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ShockPop

"Holler" is a masterpiece. The album was only released due to contract though. The label burned the spice girls out and didn't know how to promote them at all.

Archived