Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Whose Commercial Success is More in Jeopardy Right Now?

DiscoHeaven23

Whose Commercial Success is More in Danger Right Now?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Rihanna or Ariana's commercial success is more in danger right now?

• RiRi, ugh the mess that is Rih8
    • The Donut Licker, She's lost her FOCUS

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth
15 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's a tough one, but I'd say Rihanna. She's just waited too long and her new material sounds too experimental for her fanbase who prefer commercial hits. Plus, she's not had any #1's in her biggest markets, meaning that she's lost a big foothold and seeing as she's defined herself with #1's, it's a worrying prospect. She also has done barely any promo and certainly not in the best places and she's even cancelled performances. The BBHMM video got a lot of negative attention, a lot of people thought the 45S video was boring and AO didn't really test well with her fans. Nothing she's been releasing this era has truly stuck. The constant delays will make the fans lose faith in her (a lot are saying that the hype has died for them and she'd be better off just moving onto a new body of work) and the public will forget about her. And I think it's all going to be very difficult to come back from. When you've gone down this route, it's very difficult to get commercial hits again.

As for Ariana, well, this could just be a bump in the road. Focus flopped way harder internationally than I thought and if she doesn't do promo, it's not going to get any better. But she just needs something new, a better, more original single (and a feature) and good promo and she'll be fine again. Her constant releases and commercial nature will ensure that the public will ultimately be on her side. But on the whole, I don't see her being around for years and years. When she's no longer so young and cute, she's going to struggle. Focus has shown that without features, her hits are much...lesser.

I think everyone knows about the delays, even if they don't know all the details. Because we're used to having a new Rihanna album every year and her having at least one massive single every year that goes to #1 and is everywhere. But we've had 3 years of a drought on that front. Of course people will notice it. Rihanna used to perform on UK X Factor every year, sometimes twice per season, but she hasn't been on for the last 2 years running and by the looks of things, she won't stand a chance this year either. The public will notice this. Also, X Factor was usually Rihanna's only source of UK promo. Without that, I don't know what she's going to do.

NOT YOU SHADING ARIANA LIKE THAT! I'M CHOKING

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived