Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is Adele a threat to Madonna?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Adelephant

Adele's success is ASTRONOMICAL. Even with the decline in sales, 21 is bigger than any Madonna album, even The Immaculate Collection. And she's getting TV exposure of the kind only Madonna among female artists was getting, and by that I mean entire programmes created for her to give an interview in (like her upcoming NBC special). 

Is it possible that, if Adele continues ruthlessly gunning for success like she's doing now, she will surpass Madonna to become THE all-time supreme female artist of the music industry?

Is the only one who can do it? 

Whispering

She's got a ways to go.

Adele is Adele. Madonna is Madonna. Different artists, different times. 

Haroon

Maybe in album sales and single sales eventually, but I don't think Adele can even hold a candle to Madonna when it comes to touring :sweat: Not because Adele isn't good in concert, but just because she isn't a fan of touring and I don't see her wanting to go all around the world performing in stadiums and stuff :shrug: 

They're two totally different artists at the end of the day so they really don't overlap at all whatsoever, Adele stands there and sings her heart out which is amazing, and Madonna has her whole theatricality and performance and all that stuff which is amazing too. There won't be any replacing going on I don't think :rofl: 

tomsches

One of the Most important differences is that adele doesnt even try to be successful 

Katsuki Bakugo

Where do these stupid thread ideas keep coming from? Some thoughts are better left unsaid! 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Adele may surpass M's sells, but she'll never top her impact on the music industry, fashion, or her fame.

Although, I'm not sure why this thread exists because both of them are great but in very different lanes.

Better Day

Maybe in album sales and single sales eventually, but I don't think Adele can even hold a candle to Madonna when it comes to touring :sweat: Not because Adele isn't good in concert, but just because she isn't a fan of touring and I don't see her wanting to go all around the world performing in stadiums and stuff :shrug: 

They're two totally different artists at the end of the day so they really don't overlap at all whatsoever, Adele stands there and sings her heart out which is amazing, and Madonna has her whole theatricality and performance and all that stuff which is amazing too. There won't be any replacing going on I don't think :rofl: 

This is flamebat. Can you lock

Together You And I!

DrewStevens

Madonna and Adele couldn't be more different. Many female artist have been overexposed like Madonna and Adele. 

In sales... well everyone is a threat to Madonna now days, even TV shows casts.

• Haroon locked this topic
Haroon

Actually yeah just gonna lock this because this is just repeating what some previous threads were locked for :emma: 

Just a reminder that it's not the actual subject matter, conversations about whichever artists are completely fine as long as they're free from insults and flamebait, this is being locked because of the general pattern of what's going on that needs to be nipped in the bud.

If anyone has any problems or anything with this then then post them as a thread in the Support section. Not make threads about it elsewhere, not make statuses about it, etc - thanks :yes: 

Archived