Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Why is Madonna praised for Ray Of Light?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Riot Poof

She isn't.

At least not as much as Madonna who is claimed to be some kind of revolutionary for doing a cover song. 

There's more to "Ray of Light" than lyrics/melodies that originated from another source.

Also, reinterpretation is an art form in itself. It only takes a simple Google search to find information on cover songs that are highly praised.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Bromance

I didn't know it's a cover. :air: 

I like the original.

I had no idea either!!  Her ROL album clearly states she wrote the lyrics, as well as William Orbit.  If Clive Muldoon wrote the song originally in the 1970s, why did Medonner list her name and William Orbit's first and listed Clive's name 3rd??   :confused:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Bellatrix

I had no idea either!!  Her ROL album clearly states she wrote the lyrics, as well as William Orbit.  If Clive Muldoon wrote the song originally in the 1970s, why did Medonner list her name and William Orbit's first and listed Clive's name 3rd??   :confused:

It's NOT a cover. Cover =/= sample.

Don't listen to the OPs flamebait lies for the love of God.

Duella Dvil

I can't wait til you get banned. I love watching people get banned.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

its  a sample

yall  tried it  :rofl: 

Adelephant

its  a sample

yall  tried it  :rofl: 

Stop the LIES 

It's not a freaking sample, it's like half of the song :dead:

verse:
Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder
Do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun
She's got herself a universe gone quickly
For the call of thunder threatens everyone

chorus:
And I feel like I just got home
And I feel
And I feel

Stop the LIES 

It's not a freaking sample, it's like half of the song :dead:

verse:
Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder
Do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun
She's got herself a universe gone quickly
For the call of thunder threatens everyone

chorus:
And I feel
And I feel

its a sample

give it a rest 

Adelephant

its a sample

give it a rest 

First of all, a sample is a piece of ALREDY RECORDED music used in a loop as a part of musical production.

The vocals on Ray Of Light are NOT by the original band, thus it literally can't be a sample. 

It's a cover. Just because she tacked on an additional verse to it, it doesn't make it her own song. sorry.gif 

She's praised for Ray Of Light album mostly, not for the title track itself I guess...

Probably because of the lyrics. After Madonna's first baby, she said she really grew up & became mature... You can notice it if you try to watch Madonna's ROL era interviews. She seems happy and talk about life, fame, money, power, familily etc... from a really mature point of view

First of all, a sample is a piece of ALREDY RECORDED music used in a loop as a part of musical production.

The vocals on Ray Of Light are NOT by the original band, thus it literally can't be a sample. 

It's a cover. Just because she tacked on an additional verse to it, it doesn't make it her own song. sorry.gif 

and were done :fail: 

Serendipity

your sentences are contradicting one another:air:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Adelephant

your sentences are contradicting one another:air:

How are they contradictory? 

A sample is for example what Madonna did in Hung Up. She took a piece of Abba's song and sampled it in the production. 

Madonna's Ray Of Light is a cover because it's not a piece of another song. It's almost an entirety of another song rerecorded and redone. How do we call that? A cover! Not a sample. FSS

Adelephant

She's praised for Ray Of Light album mostly, not for the title track itself I guess...

Probably because of the lyrics. After Madonna's first baby, she said she really grew up & became mature... You can notice it if you try to watch Madonna's ROL era interviews. She seems happy and talk about life, fame, money, power, familily etc... from a really mature point of view

Wouldn't you agree that she lost that respect when she went back to her old and immature ways with Hard Candy? 

Archived