💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I don't want Gaga to use the name 'Stefani'

sarahb

Featured Posts

sarahb

Now this isn't gonna be some deep post over who she is or anything, but I've noticed a fair few fans wanting her to use the name 'Stefani' for whatever reason and I just want to point out that when people read 'Stefani', most people think of 'Gwen Stefani'. So an album named 'Stefani' for example will probably confuse the hell out of people thinking it's a Gwen Stefani album. You can see the confusion in the comments on the video below that uses her real name in the caption. 

Some examples (some are probably joking):
- I'm so glad gwen stefani is back! ya aint no holla back gurrrrrr
- So I'm confused....So is this Lady GaGa or Gwen Stefani?
- How can people not be able to tell the difference between Lady Gaga and Gwen Stefani. This is mind blowing.
- Yes, we know!!! It's Lady Gaga, not Gwen Stefani...
- I can't believe Lady Gaga shared this video of Gwen Stefani. She must have a lot of respect for her as an artist
- That's lady gaga... Not Gwen stefani

So yeah, nothing serious, just something that I always thought about whenever people want an album named 'Stefani'. I just wouldn't want an era of people confusing her with another artist or mispronouncing the name, it'd get old fast :saladga:

this would be another meltdown if that happens

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

she wont change her stage name

that would be  a stupid move, it would have a negative effect to  her legacy and im sure she knows this.

here for an album called stefani tho 

EDIT: oh you're talking about the album :emma:   i think it would be a nice title tbh 

hope she wont change her stage name tho 

MelbHawker

There's 0% chance of Gaga using her birth name going forward. The music industry does an impeccable job at making it seem as if Marketing doesn't significantly impact success - it does. 'Lady Gaga' is ultimately what sells and succeeds - it's not simply her name; it encompasses an entire brand/empire. I know Gaga herself doesn't like it when people say it.. but in today's industry, it is what it is. 

That said, to me it wouldn't matter if she called herself Gaga or Stefani because my liking towards her goes past the brand and all that - I like her

sarahb

Yeah I'm mainly referring to an album name (I see it brought up all the time). I assume (or at least hope) she knows changing her stage name would be a really stupid idea. 

Bradley

"Wow she's really good, hope she wins the Best New Artist award!"

"Stefani Germonatta sounds like Lady Gaga!"

"She'll never be Lady Gaga."

:hunty:

sarahb

"Wow she's really good, hope she wins the Best New Artist award!"

"Stefani Germonatta sounds like Lady Gaga!"

"She'll never be Lady Gaga."

:hunty:

Honestly I wouldn't count out things like that happening :laughga: 

I don't think she would want to go  back to being Stefani...taking up her Gaga persona empowers her, it helps her deal with her anxiety problems that she is probably going to suffer from as soon as she re-enters the competitive pop scene.

AlphaMonster

Lady Gaga is a stage name... Even if she names her album Stefani, it would write Lady Gaga on it too... Naming an album does not mean changing your stage name. 

Archived