💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele - Hello sales predictions

Fame Romance

Featured Posts

This argument is tired. Isn't it exhausting just tying it? YEs Blah...Blah...Blah... Madonna is perfect. lets move on.

yawntvbritney-spearstiredin-the-zone.gif

lmao you;re the one who cant get madonna out of your posts

maybe you should move on

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaisitalian

It doesn't matter if she breaks Taylor's records. All that matters is that Taylor held the record at some point in time, which not many artists can say for themselves.

Riot Poof

It doesn't matter if she breaks Taylor's records. All that matters is that Taylor held the record at some point in time, which not many artists can say for themselves.

Exactly. People are out here with their Tayter googles on, acting like Adele will invalidate 1989's success. Not really. Being a former record-holder is nothing to be ashamed of.

Queen of being the most-talked about in threads that aren't even about her.

ezgif_2294985712.png

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Whispering

what does madonna have to do with any of this my god :wtf:   

Haroon merged a thread, where there was discussion on Madonna vs Adele...not that all these Adele vs ______  discussions aren't useless and silly...but that's the reason. 

Fiona Apple

No more making new prediction threads please :giveup: There were like 3 from you :pumpga: 

But she is making history  :queenga:

Hope she puts it on spotify though. I just don't use anything else to listen to music nowadays and it's not because I don't like to pay (since i pay for spotify) but because it takes too much effort to put it on my phone (downloading, updating my phone with my laptop and so on).

StrawberryBlond

I hope she does keep it on Spotify and the album sells loads, being one of the best first week debuts of all time. Because if it can do this, it'll prove to the anti-streaming mob that streaming is not ruining the music industry. It'll prove that the factor that makes the public want to buy an album or not is all down to their opinion of its quality. If they stream an album and it's terrible, they won't buy it. If they stream an album and it's excellent, they'll buy it. I don't know why this concept is so difficult to understand. Record labels are the real enemies. They hold control over their artists, don't push them enough artistically, force them to go in directions they don't want to, put them through hell and then not even promote them when the album's finally out. And yet, they expect the public to buy whatever piece of s**t they put out. Record labels are just annoyed that there's now a way that the public can find out if an album's good before they buy it, instead of being cheated into it with great singles, like the old days. That the public can now have more power than the record labels. 

It won't look bad. They kept 21 from Spotify and no one ever talks about that. She did it last time, she could easily do it again. 

Other artists that have kept their albums from Spotify: Coldplay, Adele, Beyoncé, Taylor, The Black Keys, Garth Brooks, The Beatles, Prince 

That was back before streaming was the phenomenon it is now and before it counted towards sales and chart positions. Those other artists that you listed, apart from Taylor and Beyonce, were not at their commercial peak when they took their music off Spotify (I mean, The Beatles split up in the 60's!). And Prince has been an anti-piracy crusader years before streaming started. But when someone going through their peak takes music off Spotify when it is the phenomenon it is now, of course it will get noticed, commented on and criticised. And the more the years go on, as Spotify numbers grow and grow, as streaming as a whole becomes more widespread, only more criticism will arise as people get annoyed that their #1 way of listening to music is taken away from them. If anything, Adele keeping her music on Spotify is going to make her look good next to Taylor, and if she can look better than the current most popular female...it's a cynical, but a good marketing plan. It'll sure increase my respect for her that she isn't all about the money.

Whispering

That was back before streaming was the phenomenon it is now and before it counted towards sales and chart positions. Those other artists that you listed, apart from Taylor and Beyonce, were not at their commercial peak when they took their music off Spotify (I mean, The Beatles split up in the 60's!). And Prince has been an anti-piracy crusader years before streaming started. But when someone going through their peak takes music off Spotify when it is the phenomenon it is now, of course it will get noticed, commented on and criticised. And the more the years go on, as Spotify numbers grow and grow, as streaming as a whole becomes more widespread, only more criticism will arise as people get annoyed that their #1 way of listening to music is taken away from them. If anything, Adele keeping her music on Spotify is going to make her look good next to Taylor, and if she can look better than the current most popular female...it's a cynical, but a good marketing plan. It'll sure increase my respect for her that she isn't all about the money.

They are artists who have taken this stand. Catalogue sales are still profitable for huge legacy acts like Garth, Prince and The Beatles. Garth came back from a fifteen year break from music. New audiences were being exposed to his music and they would look for previous music from him. 

Beyonce, Adele, Taylor, Coldplay and The Black Keys were popular artists that decided to keep their music off of the free tier of Spotify. I doubt very seriously that Adele's team is worrying about what Taylor, or any other artist, did with their eras. At this point, she is in a league of her own, and they will make whatever decision they want to make based on decisions concerning Adele. 

Archived