Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Do You Miss Nelly Furtado?

DiscoHeaven23

Do You Miss Nelly Furtado?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss Nelly Furtado?

• Yes. When she said she was like a bird, and that she'd fly away, I didn't know she meant it.
    • No. Clearly her spirit was destructible

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

In 2001, the world was introduced to a 22 year-old folk pop artist by the name of Nelly Furtado. Her first single "I'm Like a Bird" was an instant hit and honestly fairly iconic in 2000's pop culture. Her first album Whoa, Nelly, containing "I'm Like a Bird", was released in late 2000 (before becoming well known) and eventually sold 2.5 million copies. The second single from that album "Turn Off the Lights" saw success as well. When Furtado released her second album, Folklore, in late 2003, it was a commercial failure. This was due to the sale of DreamWorks (Furtado's label) to Universal Music Group at the time, which caused Furtado's album to barely be promoted. Some say it was also because of the less "poppy" sounds on the album. In mid 2006, a little song called "Promiscuous" was released and thus created a second coming for Nelly Furtado. A second coming that faired even better than her first. "Promiscuous" reached #1 and was followed by parent album Loose, which reached #1, as well. Loose has sold over 2 million copies in the US. Four more singles charted from the album: "Maneater", "Say It Right", "All Good Things Come to an End" and "Do It". "Say It Right" earned Furtado her second #1. When the Loose era ended in 2007, the public didn't see Furtado until late 2009 when she released her Spanish album Mi Plan, which didn't get much reception in the US. Nelly Furtado then went away again and didn't come back until mid-2012 when she released her lead single, "Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)", to her fifth studio album The Spirit Indestructible. The lead single and the ones that followed failed to chart and The Spirit Indestructible only reached #79. I know I enjoyed the Whoa, Nelly and Loose eras, even though some say Furtado sold out during the Loose era. But honestly, listen to that whole album, its great. It seems to me that Nelly made two mistakes in her career, releasing Mi Plan and waiting too long in between albums. She lost her relevancy. I can say that I miss Nelly Furtado, do you?

Chart History

Hot 100

I'm Like A Bird: #9

Turn Off the Lights: #5

Promiscuous: #1

Maneater: #16

Say It Right: #1

All Good Things Come to an End: #86

Do It: #88

Mainstream Top 40

I'm Like A Bird: #6

Turn Off the Lights: #3

...On the Radio: #34

Powerless (Say What You Want): #30

Maneater: #24

Do It: #28

Big Hoops (Bigger the Better): #40

Dance/Club Songs

Turn Off the Light: #1

Powerless (Say What You Want): #5

Maneater: #1

All Good Things Come to an End: #1

Do It: #1

Manos Al Aire: #26

Fuerte: #3

Big Hoops (Bigger the Better): #6

Parking Lot: #15

tumblr_mt5emmGYIw1s665t5o1_500.gif

Serendipity

I like her debut more than Loose:pray:

I'm Like A Bird is flawless :legend:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

FGGrayson

Loose is my less favorite album tbh

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Serendipity

Loose is my less favorite album tbh

Her folk album is pure heavenly :legend: 

Her sound with Timbaland was very distinct. He was her RedOne. I'd love it if they worked together again.

Serendipity

Her sound with Timbaland was very distinct. He was her RedOne. I'd love it if they worked together again.

I prefer her doing her folk stuff:shrug:

Her songwriting shines better than mainstream music

I prefer her doing her folk stuff:shrug:

Her songwriting shines better than mainstream music

Well what is her best song from her folk selection? (dont say I'm like a bird I know that one)

Katsuki Bakugo

I miss when she was good.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Serendipity

Well what is her best song from her folk selection? (dont say I'm like a bird I know that one)

Try,Powerless,TOTL, Explode, On the Radio are flawless

Kermit

I guess she meant it when she said all good things come to an end.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Serendipity

Try is really great

I need to listen to her albums again now :cry:

Archived