💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Adele surpassed Madonna?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

It depends on what.

Commercially? If she keeps going like this, definitely, and she won't need 30 years to do it.

Cultural impact? I don't think so. Credit goes where it is due, Madonna has this one.

Performance? Again, Madonna is a much more capable entertainer.

Talent (Vocal)? She surpassed Madge before she even started singing.  :ghostga:

it wasn't laaaahv

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

Two completely different artists so dumb comparison.  Also silly, because if you have any sense of musical history from a pure musical standpoint there are others who surpassed both of them.  

Fiona Apple

not true at ALL. She most definately writes The music too, but mostly melodies and lyrics like other songwriters too. You are taking things way too far with those quoted and there are many others that hail her songwriting abilities. And that quote says clearly that she does the melodies and refine back music too. Leonard did not write ALL The music to those omg ofcourse Madonna doesnt alone write back music, but she is very much apart of that too, considering shes The primary producer as well. Usuall M tells what's she wants to hear and then they make it happen. You have missunderstood The whole thing. And for reference. M has more solo writing credits in her first album than Gaga her whole career...

It's funny because you talk but you don't use any decent experiments.. Obviously she ain't no Beyonce.She is a songwriter. She writes lyrics,she is INVOLVED with the whole process and changes stuff but it's obvious by that interview that she isn't the one that really writes the melodies tho. I agree with what you said "Usuall M tells what's she wants to hear and then they make it happen.". Which means that she has a true vision and she knows what she wants with her music,but she still don't be the true writer. The reference in the end tho :wtf: We clearly know from Gaga's producers that she is the writer of her own songs .Usually she writes 100% of the songs alone and the producers slightly help with ideas(according to Garibay and RedOne) But she is generous enough to give to the producers writing credits as well (again according to Garibay)

Born To Slay

I said early.She didn't write Like A Virgin,Material Girl etc. .. Anyway that's a different topic

She wrote Lucky Star, Get Into The Groove, Open Your Heart, True Blue

The constant attempt to diminish Madonna's impact on pop music on this forum has gotten so old. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Madonna had a part in changing the way people think, and that is something Adele didn't do....

But in terms of popularity, for sure.

Whispering

ofcourse it is?! What on earth are you talking about... Its very well know fact how good and respected song writer she is. And there are a loooot of receipts for tha.

she used to play quitar and drums in The early 80's and she plays The piano, like chords and basic stuff. However she writes most in her note Book and sings melodies etc to tapes and then starts working on them in studio. But yeah she uses piano and quitar a bit too.

I have a question about this. Monte Pittman taught Madonna to play the guitar. When was that and when did he become her guitarist? 

It's funny because you talk but you don't use any decent experiments.. Obviously she ain't no Beyonce.She is a songwriter. She writes lyrics,she is INVOLVED with the whole process and changes stuff but it's obvious by that interview that she isn't the one that really writes the melodies tho. I agree with what you said "Usuall M tells what's she wants to hear and then they make it happen.". Which means that she has a true vision and she knows what she wants with her music,but she still don't be the true writer. The reference in the end tho :wtf: We clearly know from Gaga's producers that she is the writer of her own songs .Usually she writes 100% of the songs alone and the producers slightly help with ideas(according to Garibay and RedOne) But she is generous enough to give to the producers writing credits as well (again according to Garibay)

I don't bother to **** up plentifull receipts that Madonna writes her own songs and not just lyrics. You cant get primary writing credits for just lyrics. Show me on receipts that says Madonna only writes lyrics! Where on earth did you get that idea?! That interview is your only source? Sounds like one of those Roger Friedman lies articles where he tries to twist words, sort of like paws down type. Pat clearly says madonna helped greate the melodies as well and changes other things too to her liking in music. Collaboration! And thats only one writer. You can check what Nile Rodgers, David Foster, Rick Nowels, Mirwais , stuar price etc pretty much every producer she has ever worked with.  Its utter BS to say she only writes lyrics! You can forget that notion right now so you wont make a fool of your self.

Omg this is insane to even discuss this. O.o there has never even been doubt that she writes her own songs. She is also up for song writer hall of Fame you know. As a real member for her songwriting. She has written hits for others too, couple of them are #1 hits like Love wont wait and Each time you break my heart. She was also writer for her pre-solo bands.

She is much better song writer than Gaga, sorry. And she writes like Gaga, first alone and then together with others. And Gaga doesnt write her back music alone either. She doesnt even produce. Shes good but not better than her, at least yet. She will obviously get better and better, like M did through The years.

Bad Monster Kid

No. And to think otherwise would be delusional. 

This would be a better question to ask in 20 years time. 

I have a question about this. Monte Pittman taught Madonna to play the guitar. When was that and when did he become her guitarist? 

wel he re-taught. And somewhere around '99 maybe. She used The play The quitar a bit in The 80's and keyboards as well. She wrote Burning up (completely alone btw) on guitar and Lucky Star on keyboards... She just stoped pplaying at some point and forgot most. She started using taperecorders and stuff for writing. She herself has said about piano and quitar playing tha she knows chords and stuff but isn't very good :)

Fiona Apple

I don't bother to **** up plentifull receipts that Madonna writes her own songs and not just lyrics. You cant get primary writing credits for just lyrics. Show me on receipts that says Madonna only writes lyrics! Where on earth did you get that idea?! That interview is your only source? Sounds like one of those Roger Friedman lies articles where he tries to twist words, sort of like paws down type. Pat clearly says madonna helped greate the melodies as well and changes other things too to her liking in music. Collaboration! And thats only one writer. You can check what Nile Rodgers, David Foster, Rick Nowels, Mirwais , stuar price etc pretty much every producer she has ever worked with.  Its utter BS to say she only writes lyrics! You can forget that notion right now so you wont make a fool of your self.

Omg this is insane to even discuss this. O.o there has never even been doubt that she writes her own songs. She is also up for song writer hall of Fame you know. As a real member for her songwriting. She has written hits for others too, couple of them are #1 hits like Love wont wait and Each time you break my heart. She was also writer for her pre-solo bands.

She is much better song writer than Gaga, sorry. And she writes like Gaga, first alone and then together with others. And Gaga doesnt write her back music alone either. She doesnt even produce. Shes good but not better than her, at least yet. She will obviously get better and better, like M did through The years.

Exactly HELPED... Btw you are really rude.. You  just get upset without even making a decent point in your comment. Give me those plentiful receipts and the coversation is over.. Actually I really want to know if I am wrong..Because I am interested in Madonna as a songwriter!

Btw Gaga IS a producer since TF era. :awkney:

Exactly HELPED... Btw you are really rude.. You  just get upset without even making a decent point in your comment. Give me those plentiful receipts and the coversation is over.. Actually I really want to know if I am wrong..Because I am interested in Madonna as a songwriter!

Btw Gaga IS a producer since TF era. :awkney:

Sorry, I dont have patience NOR time for this. Keep thinking she does write her songs. Just know, you are very wrong. I said a few receipts allready, should be enough. And yeah I checked, thats from a hater lier Friedman article what you "think". Again she has way more solo credits and creidts for writing to others, should tell you something...

Gaga produced Venus.... And do you think Gaga writes her stuff ALL alone? She does not. Like Madonna, she collaborates. 

But yeah, I have no need to continue with this. On short, you are very wrong.

Fiona Apple

Sorry, I dont have patience NOR time for this. Keep thinking she does write her songs. Just know, you are very wrong. I said a few receipts allready, should be enough. And yeah I checked, thats from a hater lier Friedman article what you "think". Again she has way more solo credits and creidts for writing to others, should tell you something...

Gaga produced Venus.... And do you think Gaga writes her stuff ALL alone? She does not. Like Madonna, she collaborates. 

But yeah, I have no need to continue with this. On short, you are very wrong.

:wtf:

:wtf:

omg with you. Just google those names I mentioned and they talk about her involvement and songwriting. Ir any of her co-producers. They all hail her songwriting and that she doesnt get enough credit. And again, she is Primary writer and producer. You cant be that for lyrics only for 30+ years, noone would agree to that.  Also you can check more recent Leonard interview where he emphasizes their collaborative process. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-patrick-leonard_55ef2748e4b093be51bc5ffc

Also IF I remember correctly she talks about her writing in No Bull documentary... And in some others. In that she days she usually hears melodies in her head and sings them for producer who turns it into "music" etc.

That should be a start.

Ofcourse it always varies from song to song how things happen, like with all artists, including Gaga. Think artpoo for varying contribution. (Not meant as any sort of shade). Things vary!

But I don't this is The topic for this. And sorry IF I was rude. I got annoyed with ppl who believe rumours.

Archived