question

Has Adele surpassed Madonna?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

i stopped reading from the USING GIMMICKS TO STAY RELEVANT part.

Hello you are in GAGAdaily:awkney:

Ah but there's using theatricality, or your word "gimmicks", to solely shock people and make them uncomfortable (Miley, Kesha), which requires little skill or thought. 

But then there's what Gaga and Madonna do, which is using these things to actually say something about us as a people, in an entertaining, surprising way. It is not necessarily done to "stay relevant". Some artists like to push buttons in order to make their point, but it doesn't guarantee that they will maintain relevancy.

It's very telling that Gaga can make headlines whether she's covered in bodily fluids or she's singing a medley from "The Sound of Music." That's talent. 

Blue Jeans

3iTp1iX.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Fiona Apple

She's written many of her most iconic hits

I said early.She didn't write Like A Virgin,Material Girl etc. .. Anyway that's a different topic

I said early.She didn't write Like A Virgin,Material Girl etc. .. Anyway that's a different topic

yeah... And thats The end of The list honey :) she wrote The rest 40 Mega hits and pretty much ALL her cataloque, except Holliday. Not you trying to downplay her as a songwriter, she is one of The best.

Fiona Apple

yeah... And thats The end of The list honey :) she wrote The rest 40 Mega hits and pretty much ALL her cataloque, except Holliday. Not you trying to downplay her as a songwriter, she is one of The best.

She is good at lyrics, I will definitely not deny that.I read somewhere that she doesn't write any of the melodies though.. I am a big fan of Madonna btw. I have every album of hers. I just like to be objective.

Thats utterly and completely a LIE. She is most praised of her understanding and creating of melodies. She is primary writer and produced of her cataloque as well has written number one hits for others.

So yeah thats a silly myth. She very truly is a superbsongwriter &producer &lyricist. 

Fiona Apple

Thats utterly and completely a LIE. She is most praised of her understanding and creating of melodies. She is primary writer and produced of her cataloque as well has written number one hits for others.

So yeah thats a silly myth. She very truly is a superbsongwriter &producer &lyricist. 

Is it really a myth? But she couldn't even play any musical instrument til the Music era ,how did she write those melodies?:wtf:

Is it really a myth? But she couldn't even play any musical instrument til the Music era ,how did she write those melodies?:wtf:

ofcourse it is?! What on earth are you talking about... Its very well know fact how good and respected song writer she is. And there are a loooot of receipts for tha.

she used to play quitar and drums in The early 80's and she plays The piano, like chords and basic stuff. However she writes most in her note Book and sings melodies etc to tapes and then starts working on them in studio. But yeah she uses piano and quitar a bit too.

Fiona Apple

ofcourse it is?! What on earth are you talking about... Its very well know fact how good and respected song writer she is. And there are a loooot of receipts for tha.

she used to play quitar and drums in The early 80's and she plays The piano, like chords and basic stuff. However she writes most in her note Book and sings melodies etc to tapes and then starts working on them in studio. But yeah she uses piano and quitar a bit too.

She said that not me.. She said in an interview that she was learning the guitar and it was 2001 or something..Anyway I saw articles like this one..

Patrick Leonard wrote the music for, among others: “Like a Prayer,” “Cherish,” “True Blue,” “Live to Tell,” “La Isla Bonita,” “Frozen,” “Hanky Panky,” “Sky Fits Heaven,” “Nothing Really Matters,” “I’ll Remember,” and “Something to Remember.” He was a producer on “Open Your Heart.”

Madonna wrote the lyrics, Leonard says, with him, and helped create the melodies. He considers her a friend and mentor. “She put me on the map,” he says, “I’m grateful.”

“I’m one of those people behind the curtain.” Leonard says. “If she [Madonna] hadn’t sung those songs, no one would have heard them. She’s made it possible for me to do what I’m doing now.”

Their process was simple. He wrote the music, and brought it to Madonna. She would help supply lyrics and offer changes in the music to suit her. “She’d refine it,” he says. “You give her a track, she sings the melody. She’s very very talented.” Of their collaboration, he says, “One doesn’t exist without the other. She always showed up and she was always completely involved. I miss her, actually.”

She said that not me.. She said in an interview that she was learning the guitar and it was 2001 or something..Anyway I saw articles like this one..

Patrick Leonard wrote the music for, among others: “Like a Prayer,” “Cherish,” “True Blue,” “Live to Tell,” “La Isla Bonita,” “Frozen,” “Hanky Panky,” “Sky Fits Heaven,” “Nothing Really Matters,” “I’ll Remember,” and “Something to Remember.” He was a producer on “Open Your Heart.”

Madonna wrote the lyrics, Leonard says, with him, and helped create the melodies. He considers her a friend and mentor. “She put me on the map,” he says, “I’m grateful.”

“I’m one of those people behind the curtain.” Leonard says. “If she [Madonna] hadn’t sung those songs, no one would have heard them. She’s made it possible for me to do what I’m doing now.”

Their process was simple. He wrote the music, and brought it to Madonna. She would help supply lyrics and offer changes in the music to suit her. “She’d refine it,” he says. “You give her a track, she sings the melody. She’s very very talented.” Of their collaboration, he says, “One doesn’t exist without the other. She always showed up and she was always completely involved. I miss her, actually.”

not true at ALL. She most definately writes The music too, but mostly melodies and lyrics like other songwriters too. You are taking things way too far with those quoted and there are many others that hail her songwriting abilities. And that quote says clearly that she does the melodies and refine back music too. Leonard did not write ALL The music to those omg ofcourse Madonna doesnt alone write back music, but she is very much apart of that too, considering shes The primary producer as well. Usuall M tells what's she wants to hear and then they make it happen. You have missunderstood The whole thing. And for reference. M has more solo writing credits in her first album than Gaga her whole career...

Archived