💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Slate: Taylor's "throne of lies" crumbling

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

[Taylor] made her name as a perennial girl next door–turned–underdog, rising again and again above the petty motives of those who’d exploit her or tarnish her good name.

But so much of that persona is built on a throne of lies. In 2013, she made an indignant argument against the gossiping hordes that claimed she’d purchased a Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, mansion next door to her then-boyfriend (a Kennedy!). [She denied] Turned out, they were right. But Swift wasn’t humbled. Earlier this month, she again denied buying a $25 million house in Beverly Hills and was promptly found out.

Swift once claimed that Kanye West’s College Dropout was the first album she and her brother ever bought on iTunes, when she was 12—never mind that College Dropout dropped in 2004, when Swift was 14, and iTunes had launched three years earlier, when Swift was already well on her way to becoming a country star.

Her lyrics are full of straw men (read: lies!) that serve to uphold the same carefully crafted image. To wit, from “You Belong With Me”: “She wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts/She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers.” Since when has Taylor Swift ever been a dorky tomboy? From “Shake It Off”: “I stay out too late/Got nothing in my brain/That's what people say.” Actually, no one’s lobbing out-of-control party-girl accusations at Swift—public consensus has labeled her a smart businesswoman.

Granted, not every song in the pop canon is written from the singer’s personal perspective. But Swift positions each of her tunes as another against-the-odds chapter of her autobiography. Which of these are true, and which have sprung from the imagination of a PR-savvy billionaire? Whatever you do, don’t write it down—publish a critique, and Swift’s next wounded tale could be a sinfully catchy takedown aimed straight for you.

X

Feels like the Katy to the NY Mag one:air:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

JeffSwift

omg wow, she lied about the first album she ever bought and her real estate?

what a greedy white devil 

the decay is fXckING REAL!

AdAstra

What an odd article. They just cherry picked a bunch of random things in an attempt to drag her. So bizarre. :awkney:

ThisGuyTony

I thought this would be a full exposé. :air: 
Not some 10th grade level essay with poor/lame arguments. :air: 

Evan Peters

that kanye album is so boring so i would have lied too lmao

emma roberts is an abuser

PartySick

Yeah, and I bet she used to color outside the lines in preschool, you wanna tear her down for that too? :rip:

When other celebs have literal crimes under their belt and you're coming for Taylor with "she lied about the first album she bought on iTunes" how can we take you seriously? :rip: Please tell me this is something like The Onion

🖤

Its her moneys that she earned and she can get whatever the **** she wants, plus, the queen never lies, taylornation is so powerful that it turn the truth to lies and lies to truth, get it established and deal or you'll end up in court ft5qmXn.gif

Archived