💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga REFUSES to listen to negative press

Jjang

Featured Posts

Jjang

not every piece of criticism is reasonable and/or fair though :shrug: she can't please everyone. paying too much attention to the haters will only make you feel self conscious and bad about yourself.

I'm not saying paying to much attention. Because Sometimes negativity for example can be used for inspirations. What gaga is saying here is that she's being pretty much blinded. Which is very bad Because an artist should also accept others opinions.

Death @ you literally copy-and-pasting this from ATRL.

Anyway, I'll just say what I said over there:

She really needs to pull her head out of her ass every now and then. Negative press can actually be helpful as long as it's constructive and professional. She seems to surround herself with a bunch of yes men, and that's not good for her career. She's gonna learn her lesson pretty quick if she doesn't change her outlook soon.

, Just to make sure none posts it before me. :toofloppy:

EDIT: and i agree about everything you just said. and she's not going to just learn her lesson pretty quick but also in the hard way. "IF"

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so weird to me. On one hand it's mature, and on the other it's immature. On the mature side, it's good she refuses to let negative thinking in to compromise her art. On the immature side, it seems like she's just running away from the criticism, I mean... you have to be able to take some of it. I hope she didn't take NME giving her most pretentious album of the year to heart, because that was so petty. If that IS the main reason she's doing this blackout **** then... it's kind of stupid.

poker   face

going dark right now should only benefit her imo. the longer she's gone, the bigger the hype will be surrounding the next album/single.

going dark right now should only benefit her imo. the longer she's gone, the bigger the hype will be surrounding the next album/single.

Shadow

Good for her. I understand criticism can be a good thing for an artist when it's constructive, but otherwise she will be doing herself a favor. Too much of that everyday would drive anyone insane for long. She has a bit of time before the tour to keep out of the limelight, so I think she deserves to have it and come back touring like a rock star. :golfclap:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

I'm not saying paying to much attention. Because Sometimes negativity for example can be used for inspirations. What gaga is saying here is that she's being pretty much blinded. Which is very bad Because an artist should also accept others opinions.

She accepts them, but she doesn't pay attention to them. She isn't censoring anybody, she's only ignoring things that could change her vision about her OWN art. The artist is the one who should define his/her work, not the critics and the press.

rockstar

This is stupid? This certainly isn't going to help her career, and we really dont need this after Born This Way.

toanythingtaboo

She didn't need to read what NME said to find out, there are plenty around who could have informed her.

Besides, didn't she actually say that she doesn't read "a damn thing" immediately after the comment about her Mom calling her to tell her something? i.e. she's not saying she refuses to listen to negative press, simply media in general.

I'm not fully convinced that she doesn't read her press (at least not previously), but it seems to be more of a statement to all media that she doesn't give a **** and won't be listening in future.

I truly doubt she refuses to listen to anything negative. That's not what the quote said at all. It simply says that she doesn't read anything.

Madonna (who I hate to bring the name up in terms of comparison) doesn't read reviews, newspapers, magazines, or watch television, but she listens to the feedback of those around her.

Look , there are 2 kinds of criticisms - Constructive(uncommon) and Destructive (very common) ..I love Gaga's attitude towards all hate and negativity , and I admire her for that , because not many people are able to do that , but I do believe she should take account for constructive criticism and work on her apparent "flaws" !

I don't think she read what NME says... she must have read it on passing or someone informed her.

I'm happy that she refuses to read negative press (now). That's how you remain poised, humble and unbothered.

Archived