:

:

:

opinion

Lovatics raising money to buy sick children Demi's new album 'Confident'

Serendipity

Featured Posts

FATCAT

That is horrible if true! And they are committing fraud that way.

AKA Crime. How foolish?!!

Well, technically they're 100% clear that the money is going to buy CD's that will then be donated. So it's not fraud, they aren't lying.

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

So, where are they taking the CDs? Are they going to meet and buy CDs from the HMV store or are they buying them and the store is donating them? 

they're buying the album both physically and digitally with the money and none of it is for any kind of donation, they're tricking people to give them money to try get Demi a number one album

FATCAT

they're buying the album both physically and digitally with the money and none of it is for any kind of donation, they're tricking people to give them money to try get Demi a number one album

http://www.sickkids.ca/skmobile/index.html

I mean, the hospital is real. I don't know if that helps? They could still be lying, but I wouldn't assume that. What info are we going on here? (About them not donating, I mean)

Purr more, hiss less.

Whispering

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd be a lot more concerned with the hospital bill than getting a free CD. They're masking their cheesy "buy-out" as some kind of charity. If they were really interested in donating to the SickKids Hospital, they should have donated the money and just visited the kids with a listening party, or anything other than leaving a hundred CD's on the doorstep.

Children's hospitals take donations all the time, and that includes new games, CDs, coloring books, books, etc. Of course, they will always take donations to help with expenses for families, but that doesn't mean they don't need other items donated as well. There are also strict guidelines about visiting sick kids in hospitals. They aren't going to let groups of random kids in, before they know about vaccinations and any illnesses or diseases individuals have in the past or present. 

FATCAT

Children's hospitals take donations all the time, and that includes new games, CDs, coloring books, books, etc. Of course, they will always take donations to help with expenses for families, but that doesn't mean they don't need other items donated as well. There are also strict guidelines about visiting sick kids in hospitals. They aren't going to let groups of random kids in, before they know about vaccinations and any illnesses or diseases individuals have in the past or present. 

Oh, I understand. It just seems like since they received a letter from the SickKids event coordinator, they could have set something up. Either way, I just hope the kids aren't hoping for '25' instead :proud:

Purr more, hiss less.

Dangerous Man

Demi fans Inflating Sales using Charity donations 
Demi Lovato fans are promoting a "charity buyout" for a sick kid hospital: Fans were asked to buy dozens of copies of her new album

No money is being donated to the sick children. Instead, fans are asked to give away the albums to the hospital.

tumblr_nvp7mvcMwC1qe0reco1_500.png

image.jpg

and they set up a GoFundMe to buy even more albums, not to donate the money

https://www.gofundme.com/demitorontobuyout

This is so unjust of them:excuseu:

the ACTUAL desperation and I thought us offering s-x for AP sales was bad :toofunny:

What has the music industry and fans come to? Despicable. Makes you wonder how often this happens.  :wtf:

tragic artist, tragic fans, tragic situation, etc 

That is horrible if true! And they are committing fraud that way.

AKA Crime. How foolish?!!

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd be a lot more concerned with the hospital bill than getting a free CD. They're masking their cheesy "buy-out" as some kind of charity. If they were really interested in donating to the SickKids Hospital, they should have donated the money and just visited the kids with a listening party, or anything other than leaving a hundred CD's on the doorstep.

STOP THIS DEMI HATING ALREADY Y'ALL NEEDS TO STOP FOR FUK SAKE!

It's clearly stated in the poster that they are going to donate the ALBUM to the patient not the MONEY. They are not fooling people mess. In fact you guys are a mess.  They asked for money to buy lots of copies of Confident and gave it to Demi's ill fans. THEY NEVER SAID THEY ARE GOING TO DONATE THE MONEY.  THEIR CAUSE OF ASKING MONEY IS CLEAR, TO BUY ALBUMS FOR HER SICK FANS.  YOU GUYS ARE TALKING TRASH ABOUT HER FANS WHERE IN FACT THEY ARE DOING IT FOR A GOOD CAUSE..

CLOSE THIS THREAD! 

/rant

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Serendipity

So, where are they taking the CDs? Are they going to meet and buy CDs from the HMV store or are they buying them and the store is donating them? 

I really don't think there is any donation happening here

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Serendipity

Oh, I understand. It just seems like since they received a letter from the SickKids event coordinator, they could have set something up. Either way, I just hope the kids aren't hoping for '25' instead :proud:

They should ask for LG5 then :laughga:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Whispering

how the hell is Confident supposed to help people with Melanoma? 

Kids in hospitals lay and sit around a lot. Oftentimes, they can't even be around other kids, because they have to protect themselves from even the common cold. Therefore, things like games, movies, books, CDs are something they can enjoy. 

Dangerous Man

how the hell is Confident supposed to help people with Melanoma? 

So when a Gaga fan with cancer receive a free copy of ARTPOP  shouldn't be happy because it won't cure his illness? Mess.  :rip:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Cody Draco

Exactly this. They don't actually care about the kids, they care about Demi's sales. Disgusting.:wtf:

Whispering

you know, I'm pretty sure most kids would prefer Demi over Adele...especially since most kids know Demi from tv and the subject matter on Adele's albums probably doesn't appeal much to younger children. 

Bradley

the ACTUAL desperation and I thought us offering s-x for AP sales was bad :toofunny:

was that a joke or a real thing?

Archived