💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The biggest problem with AHS Hotel so far

Quark

Featured Posts

kiwifromvenus

The thing is that most of this info is being revealed at a very slow pace. This makes it seem like the characters are just walking around the hotel killing people with no real story. I mean, there is obviously a story, but the story is not being presented is an concise manner.

TBH I think thats the effect they are going for in this. Its supposed to be all over the place with not precision or cohesion. I love the way the info is presented and it defs makes me salivate for more! Honestly gotta look between the lines a little and get a feeling for the season. Ryan is intelligent, hes doing it this way for effect and I love it!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been focusing on both Gaga and on the storyline since watching this. There has been extreme character development and as people have previously stated,you must have a lack of attention because there is a storyline going on. It'd be a boring ass season if it was blown within the first two episodes. Just chill and sit back ffs.

No shade towards you at all but the storyline is fairy easy to understand. A detective is trying to solve these cryptic 10 commandment murders and gets information leading him to the hotel. The killer is tied to everyone and is someone at the hotel. (Ryan Murphy confirms this and why would the 10 commandments be in the opening credits if the story didn't revolve around them?)

Obviously, since the story also revolves around a hotel it's going to show separate storylines of the people that are in the hotel.

I think it's better that the story is taking its time because would you rather have a slow start and an amazing season finale with all the storylines finally tying together OR the story being laid out in the beginning and the season basically being redundant by its finale? (Freak Show teas) :spook:

i caught your fever, i'll be feeling it forever

Gagaloo911

I agree. I don't dislike it so far but I feel like it's missing something. And there is no story line or plot to it yet, at least insofar as how it all fits together. But I'm sure it will come, just too soon to give it away.

It needs more suspense like previous seasons have had. But maybe they're just trying to introduce all the characters (there ARE a lot) in the first episodes, and the suspense will come.

It's definitely horrifying and dark though so far.

What did you expect? I think it is pretty good so far.

I think it's just the premises of the seasons that cause this impression of "lack of story".

When you think about it, it's just hard to create a really strong story...inside an hotel. 

And I can't @ people telling there is no story yet, like wtf.

nativenewyorker

I don't understand people who say stuff like this. Are you even watching the show?

It's about the Countess and her serial killer husband Mr. March who built a torture chamber that doubles as a hotel. She sets him up with the police so he kills himself along with the housekeeper and they haunt the hotel. She is a vampire who runs the place, using people for s-x and feeding on their blood. Iris is Donovan's mother who only stays to see him and owes the Countess for saving Donovan. Then we have the Detective, John, who is looking for clues about a new serial killer who is continuing the work of Mr. March. His son was kidnapped by the Countess and he was pulled into the Hotel Cortez, where his son now lives.

All of this is tied together with the theme of addiction. Every character has some sort of relationship with addiction.

The Countess: breaking her lovers hearts, s-x, c-----e, blood.

Donovan: Heroin, Sex, blood, his love for Elizabeth.

Sally: Heroin, seeing other people's pain perhaps

The Detective John Lowe: Alcohol

Iris: her son Donovan

Mr. March: Opulence and murder

Housekeeper Ms. Evers: Mr. March, seeing his satisfied, she'll do anything for him

Tristan: Cocaine, blood now that he is a vampire

We also know Sally comforts victims of the Addicition Demon which is what is drawing all these people to the hotel, I'm guessing. 

Now we just wait to see more of their backstories and how these characters change and interact. Plus we have a couple more characters coming. 

I kind of agree with the OP, previous seasons got me hooked from the first episode (maybe except freak show but it was mainly because it weren't my esthetics). But with this one I'm kind of confused. I mean my queen lady ****ing Gaga is in it, but I catch myself looking at my phone or not listening properly when she is on the screen. Like how?!

I actually feel like right now we are getting a taste of everyone's story and they will eventually all connect. It also feels like there are a lot of things that are already tying in together which hopefully means that there will be a lot of twists coming. Don't forget that around episode 6-7 characters from other seasons will begin to appear and that will be fun also. It's only episode 2 and we already have had more action than Freakshow.

Watch episode 1 of Murder House and tell me if you understand anything..

This is the point of AHS.. mess at the beginning... many questions and a little pieces of the whole story and plot..

I mean, wtf is the story of Liz? no one knows, she's just there serving alcohol...  but probably she'll have a big role later..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

jorgeropero

Watch episode 1 of Murder House and tell me if you understand anything..

This is the point of AHS.. mess at the beginning... many questions and a little pieces of the whole story and plot..

I mean, wtf is the story of Liz? no one knows, she's just there serving alcohol...  but probably she'll have a big role later..

This. I was wondering the same haha

TerrenceV2

The only thing I did not like was how not clever or logical the story is sometimes, like when Tristan is getting coke in his room and out of the blue he says "I want to quit" *Grabs scissors and cuts his cheek* like wtf then the next scene he is entering the Countess room because he was "sure" he could smell coke somewhere like :toofunny: where's the consistency?

playground love - josef salvat

flopheart

We had only two episodes, please be patient and let see what happens, the first episode was an introduction we're just at the beginning and honestly i already love it. I just hope ryan won't ruin it as freakshow

giskardsb

The only thing I did not like was how not clever or logical the story is sometimes, like when Tristan is getting coke in his room and out of the blue he says "I want to quit" *Grabs scissors and cuts his cheek* like wtf then the next scene he is entering the Countess room because he was "sure" he could smell coke somewhere like :toofunny: where's the consistency?

he wanted to  quit modeling, not coke.

Archived