Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Spoilers: AHS: Hotel Episode 2 references

Chris Evans

Featured Posts

Chris Evans

There were a few references I noticed in last night's episode :rofl:

Firstly the names Gaga mentions in the video above, close friends that she wonders what could be if they hadn't passed away, are cheeky references to Gaga herself: Andy Warhol, Keith Haring and Robert Dowd were all huge in the pop art movement

220px-Andy_Warhol_1975.jpgKeith_Haring.jpg220px-Robert_Dowd_by_Edward_Schreck.jpg

Also Mr. March trying to get Julia Morgan to build Hotel Cortez is a reference to Gaga. She designed more than 700 buildings in California and is best known for her work on Hearst Castle in Sam Simeon, California- should look familiar:

t1Ny2qT.jpg2YNdIZk.jpg

Also James Patrick March seemed like a reference to JP Morgan considering the many times his initials came up and how he was a rich man that was unsatisfied with his fortune and fame

8rS19lb.png

And finally the spoiler idk if someone's posted this already but Mr. March's wife is clearly Gaga as seen in the video. I think most of us could recognize that voice :toofunny:

Also I've already posted this but not many everyone's seen it- the alarm in Room 64 rings at 2:25 am every time + check the date the season was announced 

9yA8GGA.jpgY0uB9Ar.png

djBuffoon

Firstly the names Gaga mentions in the video above, close friends that she wonders what could be if they hadn't passed away, are cheeky references to Gaga herself: Andy Warhol, Keith Haring and Robert Dowd were all huge in the pop art movement

good lord, her reading of this line actually broke my heart.

Chris Evans

good lord, her reading of this line actually broke my heart.

that crushed me too she did a great acting goob in this episode

The time thing is definitely a stretch, but the Friends being mentioned is a GREAT REFERENCE. I didn't catch that. And it is so obvious that gaga is his wife.

Chris Evans

I laughed when IWYL started playing in the discothèque

lmao I read that was a coincidence but that whole scene had me dying

lmao I read that was a coincidence but that whole scene had me dying

oh there is no way in hell that was a coincidence gurl

Chris Evans

The time thing is definitely a stretch, but the Friends being mentioned is a GREAT REFERENCE. I didn't catch that. And it is so obvious that gaga is his wife.

I thought it could be a reach also but knowing Murphy 2:25 is too specific to not mean anything

Chris Evans

oh there is no way in hell that was a coincidence gurl

i think gagadaily tweeted it was but i tend to take their claims loosely now

So i just watched a bts video AHS shared on their fb page. The video was mostly talking about their set design and production. And the designer just said one of the wall in hotel cortez had a drawing of venus fly trap on it and it was "a cheeky reference to Gaga's character"

The Julia Morgan shout out made me smile! I just got to see Hearst Castle over the summer and it was so beautiful! She rocks hehe

The hotel was built in 1925; The Countess was born in 1904.

So, she was probably 21/ in her 20s when she became Mr. March's wife 

220px-Andy_Warhol_1975.jpgKeith_Haring.jpg220px-Robert_Dowd_by_Edward_Schreck.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Robert she was talking about was Robert Mapplethorpe. He was a really famous photographer during the 80s, really active in the New York scene, who died of AIDS related complications and was known friends with Keith and Andy (he shot their portraits plenty of times and there are pics in the Andy Warhol Polaroids book of all of them backstage at the show where Keith was painting Grace Jones). Also Sally mentioned she wrote a song with Patti Smith earlier in the episode. Patti was Robert's roommate for years and his closest friend, they met when they were really young. She even wrote Robert's memoir after he died

who will love me when the night is over

Archived