Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

America's Next Top Model to end with cycle 22

Coop

Featured Posts

tyra-banks.jpg?itok=C-pTmGMC

The show that taught America how to be fierce and gave us the term “smize” is coming to an end. America’s Next Top Model will call it quits after cycle 22.

“Thinking #ANTM22 should be our last cycle. I truly believe it’s time. May your pics be forever fierce,” ANTM host Tyra Banks wrote onTwitter on Wednesday.

The reality show premiered in May 2003 on UPN as a competition among traditional female models, before welcoming shorter beauties, plus-size women, and in recent seasons, men. ANTM moved to The CW upon UPN’s merge with The WB in 2006, becoming the first show to premiere on its current network. 

“America’s Next Top Model was a successful franchise for two networks, first at UPN and then The CW, and it became not just a ratings hit, but a global pop culture phenomenon,” CW President Mark Pedowitz said in a statement. “I want to thank Tyra and Ken for all their years of success in establishing a show that was not just popular in the U.S., but all across the world.”

The Dec. 4 finale of cycle 22 will be the show’s last episode. The CW is in talks about broadcasting a retrospective special about America’s Next Top Model that will air sometime in late 2016.

We were rooting for you, ANTM…

Source

inuborg

I haven't watched since Cycle 8 :dead: 

I had no clue this still went on lol 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

GloZell Green

The show became soooo boring after it revolved around love and drama. But that's today's shows and entertainment. 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Did you know the oppo phone has the best cameras for selfies?

I'm shocked to see it end! It's so sad!!! :noparty:

Don't visit my profile

TimisaMonster

22 Seasons is a loooooong time

The viewers still watched...people kept auditioning...and Tyra was still willing to coach

It's been overdue to come to an end but there will come other shows that try to imitate it (The Face) but didn't have the perfect execution of ANTM

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I felt like she didn't put much effort in this cycle, she hardly makes appearances on 22. A bunch of us on r/antm thought it might be the last season because the budget seems to be lacking. 

Don't visit my profile

Haroon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cryga: 

ANTM has been part of my life for way too long and I can't see it go :noparty: I grew up with it from pre-puberty to now, it really helped me to appreciate beauty in less conventional ways and taught me so much else :giveup: I agree that it's not like it was in it's heyday but it's still a good show which continues to spread good messages to so many people. The fact that it started a craze and was recreated in so many countries as well :flutter: I feel like it's gonna take a while to absorb and accept this news, things will never be the same :ohno: 

tomsches

I've watched every single episode so far and, clearly it has lost its touch, but I'm still sad to see it go. Knowing Tyra, this won't be the end of her reality-model-show-carreer, though.

Jesse Pinkman

I stopped watching this a long time ago, but I used to love this as a kid. Can't believe it lasted so long though. O.o

It's science, bitch

Archived