Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

What's up with the different voices?

MonSwiftAnton

Featured Posts

MonSwiftAnton

So when I was watching the first episode I noticed one thing. During the episodes Gaga uses two different voices. When she's speaking to Will Drake she almost has her normal voice, but when she's talking to Lachlan and Holden she has a much deeper voice. Why do you think that is? Is it that she didn't really know what her character would talk like at that point, or is it just how the countess talks to children?

PrinceGaga

"We have two selves: the one the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering."

I feel like this has many meanings and what you mentioned has something to do with it.

FATCAT

It's probably related to them being children, yea. We don't quite know enough about her/her children to really grasp why at the moment, but my guess is that it makes her seem more mother-ish.

Purr more, hiss less.

Her voice to the children is almost hypnotic - to earn her trust and it's quite parental, the voice. It's possibly making them feel like she's their new motherly figure in their life. I think she's obviously doing something equivalent to how one would speak to a baby in annoying high pitched voices. 

I don't know if she does that on purpose, but for instance whenever my mother is talking on the phone with my little brother (8 years old) she uses like a more enthusiastic voice than her usual voice. Maybe they have nothing to do though.

MonsterOfSpain

I don't know if she does that on purpose, but for instance whenever my mother is talking on the phone with my little brother (8 years old) she uses like a more enthusiastic voice than her usual voice. Maybe they have nothing to do though.

My mother does that too with my cousin, but it's kinda like a higher voice than usual.

AgusPop

Because The Countess has many layers, also when she says the phrase "jawlines for days" she has another voice maybe because she is younger or because is 1994

Archived