💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why "Checking In" ratings were amazing

Miracle

Featured Posts

Miracle

I've seen some people complain about it not beating the first episode of "FREAKSHOW" but it's not fair to compare the ratings because Hotel comes one of the biggest TV -used to be succesful- series in a long time. The final episode of Coven, previous to Freakshow reached the 4,5 million mark creating a -massive- hype for Freakshow. Then, everyone started to watch Freakshow, but they ended up being dissapointed and stopped watching it. Penultimate episode of Freakshow had about 850,000 viewers, a real low-number for it, with the final -goodbye- Jessica Lange episode reaching 1,1 million viewers, a lot less than the Coven average, even lower than the Asylum one - despite Asylum being very +18 and being only the second season. 

Without Gaga, Hotel first episode ratings would have been below 3 Million. Gaga is the only reason a lot of people (I mean, non AHS-fans, littlemonsters and pop music fans, don't judge me, of course Gaga isn't the only reason she got those amazing views) are tuning in for this season, since many AHS-hardcore fans lost its faith after some mid-Freakshow horrible dreadful episodes.

So, let's celebrate!

Plus, the episode got a 8.8 on IMDb

Harry

It could still beat the record, couldn't it? I don't think numbers from DVRs have been factored in yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It could still beat the record, couldn't it? I don't think numbers from DVRs have been factored in yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

you're correct. they haven't included the 3 day DVR ratings yet :-)

HolyDelRey

Definitely not, Hotel features so many famous & talented actors such as Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, & Matt Boomer.:koons:

The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in..

Haters will try to point out anything they can. The fact the only thing they can do is state that it didn't break Season 4's debut is pretty weak + we don't have DVR numbers factored in yet.

grenziel

The first part of this thread made me think I was reading a very in-depth a--lysis on the AHS ratings and then boom, "Its because of Gaga." :derpga:

Sis, I personally believe Gaga contributed a lot from that views but AHS has its own fans and they marketed Hotel as a very dark season with the connection to the first season which drew the fans who left during Freakshow. Let us not, sis. :saladga:

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

pie-kun

My God, people need to stop freaking out about the ratings. The ratings were the 2nd highest ever for the series and they were only 0.1 rating point below Freak Show's debut in the demo. 

If you go on sites devoted to discussion about TV ratings, everyone is talking about how great the ratings for the Hotel premiere were. Gaga fans might literally be the only people complaining about them :saladga:

Harry

you're correct. they haven't included the 3 day DVR ratings yet :-)

Awesome :) Even without, they are fantastic ratings so I can't wait to see the final number.

monketsharona

Gaga has a part of the success for sure. But not only. There were a lot of promo. AHS fans are still there. And honestly most of them loved it far more than Freak Show.

Only hardcore Jessica Lange fans left, there were not the majority of the audience... 

Awesome :) Even without, they are fantastic ratings so I can't wait to see the final number.

right!? it's great. and depending on how good the season is they could get better

#ActingNotTheBling :stalkga:

They are good ratings though, and everyone involved in AHS should be proud! :yes:

djBuffoon

My God, people need to stop freaking out about the ratings. The ratings were the 2nd highest ever for the series and they were only 0.1 rating point below Freak Show's debut in the demo. 

If you go on sites devoted to discussion about TV ratings, everyone is talking about how great the ratings for the Hotel premiere were. Gaga fans might literally be the only people complaining about them

Surprise, surprise. Might literally be the only people who really care about such things too (besides FX and Ryan Murphy). :saladga:

Archived