💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Will Adele break Britney's record?

Creyk

Will Adele break Britney's record?   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adele break Britney's record?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

thx to Amazon... :toofunny: 

OT: If she breaks 1,000,000 i'll be surprised.

Yeah I know what you mean I think 700 K is a realistic expectation for her, but I wish her the best

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

1.3 Mil in the first week is the world record? That seems... Low? Didn't Gaga do like 1M in the first week with BTW?

It's 1.3 million U.S. sales. :spook:

Anderson123

No.

Sorry but the only people that know about Adele's album right now are her fans and teens that browse these type of forums. Adele's album smashed in 2011 and 2012, but it feels like it's been too long for that "post 21 Anticipation" to really just  sell that amount of albums in the first week. People move on, live their lives and many new artists release music every year, right now Taylor Swift's hype is going down, just like 2 years ago Beyoncé's was the thing of the moment.

I'm not that excited about Adele's album because it's getting hyped to death that it's not even something I care about at this moment. Sure, I will listen to the album when it comes out, but I'm tired of reading about it on forums and people making jokes about Q4 getting "Scalped" or how nobody should release anything for the next 6 months because Adele is coming to SLAY. I just don't believe it will get that amount of attention that you guys expect.

No.

Sorry but the only people that know about Adele's album right now are her fans and teens that browse these type of forums. Adele's album smashed in 2011 and 2012, but it feels like it's been too long for that "post 21 Anticipation" to really just  sell that amount of albums in the first week. People move on, live their lives and many new artists release music every year, right now Taylor Swift's hype is going down, just like 2 years ago Beyoncé's was the thing of the moment.

I'm not that excited about Adele's album because it's getting hyped to death that it's not even something I care about at this moment. Sure, I will listen to the album when it comes out, but I'm tired of reading about it on forums and people making jokes about Q4 getting "Scalped" or how nobody should release anything for the next 6 months because Adele is coming to SLAY. I just don't believe it will get that amount of attention that you guys expect.

Well, the lead single will come next month and if she promotes it then she people outside of pop forums will know about it too :)

But yes, it's not sure at all that she will have an era as successful as 21. It will be fun to watch either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Still an early prediction, but HDD says she will.

If the overall plan is carried out properly, Adele CDs will be stacked so high at the cash registers that shoppers will be tripping over them. Clearly, the initial order will need to be massive in order to blanket retail. Some handicappers believe 25 will debut with 1.5-1.7m, eclipsing the 1.3m first week of Swift’s 1989, though not approaching the record of 2.4m set by NSYNC’s No Strings Attached back in 2000. Sustaining big numbers through the holidays is the next step in the plan; the graphic below, showing sales of 1989, from its release on 10/27/14 through the first week in January, will be a useful measuring stick for Adele’s performance.

source: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=298224

Tropico

Hope not, Britney is the queen of music in every aspect lets be real

Except vocal talent, originality and involvement in her work lma . 

OT: Yes. It's about time that record is broken. Adele has it in the bag.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

No.

the lead single si expected to sell 1m first week

Anderson123

the lead single si expected to sell 1m first week

I was thinking about that. It'd be fun to see Adele break that record, she'd deserve it. 

Archived