Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rape triggers in AHS

NYCMonster1984

Featured Posts

I love how there are like 10 extremely violent murders in that episode, yet somehow the rape scene is the offensive one.

Reminds me of them censoring the word "f.ucked" from the Gods and Monsters cover in Freakshow. There is a scene of a guy slicing a woman in half but God forbid they drop the F bomb in a song. :spook:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

Anybody can be triggered by anything in television. Suicide, bulimia, blood, violence, kidnap, house break-in. They can't be cautious when making a show centred around ideas of horror, and I'm personally happy they're willing to take risks. 

This. 

It's "American Horror Story". Whoever turns it on expecting sunshine and rainbows deserves to be offended, honestly. It didn't trigger me a bit, but maybe I'm just not sensitive to that stuff anymore? 

It sounds harsh, but the reality is that it's your responsibility to be on the look out for triggers if you're the type of person who is triggered. Just like people who suffer from seizures know what to avoid, the same rule applies. Don't watch a show that's known to be f*cked up if you even have the slightest feeling that it'll bother you. Wait until the day after, read a review or ask a friend about it so you know what to skip or you know to not watch at all.

I hope your friends are ok, though. 

💚

Redstreak

Anybody can be triggered by anything in television. Suicide, bulimia, blood, violence, kidnap, house break-in. They can't be cautious when making a show centred around ideas of horror, and I'm personally happy they're willing to take risks. 

they aren't asking for the material to be pulled, just a quick "hey, heads up this show will have x, y, and z in it so be forewarned."

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

GagaisHotAF

My mom's parents (my grandparents) both died in a fire, she saw the fire and is disturbed by it. She just turns away when she sees it on a TV show or on the news or closes her eyes.

Probably on Grindr

This is American Horror Story, you should expect disturbing scenes...

see the problem was for me that it felt a bit gratuitous. that's not disturbing, it was just there to be there

they aren't asking for the material to be pulled, just a quick "hey, heads up this show will have x, y, and z in it so be forewarned."

they do say s-xual violence, they can't say that rape happens in the next scene because that was the big shock moment

He/They

i already know the nature of ahs so i watched it with caution. good thing it didnt trigger mine. i was triggered more at TIHTY than ahs. 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Cappuccino

really ... really? It's called horror story for a reason. Find some other things to complain about please ...

Viewer discretion warnings were displayed at the beginning of the show and continuously throughout the show. Once that advisory screen is displayed, it is up to the viewer to decide if they should watch it. Yes, the rape scene was particularly graphic and I understand if that did upset some people but they knew the potential possibility of anything of a violent nature once they saw the advisory rating.

If people were that affected by seeing such things on TV they would:

a) wait for the show to air, considering its content in previous seasons which whether you watch the show or not is pretty obvious, and check out the advisory board on IMDB with details of what may be of concern to viewers before deciding if they feel comfortable

b) not watch american horror story? horror? story?

ChicaSkas

Something I wasn't very aware of until last night was that victims of s-xual abuse and rape are often triggered by rape scenes on TV and in film. It's to bad that Ryan Murphy uses it so freely in his shows as entertainment. Last night a few of my friends had to turn off the show and were really upset from it. 

They didn't put a little warning, but if any of you are triggered by this please be aware to skip from 18 to about 22 minutes of the show! 

I actually 100 percent agree with you, I had some involuntary responses when I watched the monster/electronic drill bit monstrosity. so thank you for that. @FATCAT has made a Gaga only version of the show for the sensitive to partake of without fear of being tooooo terribly disgusted.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Ouf.

Trigger warnings.

We used to call them "spoilers" YA KNOW.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

FATCAT

I actually 100 percent agree with you, I had some involuntary responses when I watched the monster/electronic drill bit monstrosity. so thank you for that. @FATCAT has made a Gaga only version of the show for the sensitive to partake of without fear of being tooooo terribly disgusted.

Something I wasn't very aware of until last night was that victims of s-xual abuse and rape are often triggered by rape scenes on TV and in film. It's to bad that Ryan Murphy uses it so freely in his shows as entertainment. Last night a few of my friends had to turn off the show and were really upset from it. 

They didn't put a little warning, but if any of you are triggered by this please be aware to skip from 18 to about 22 minutes of the show! 

I'm going to be making a version for every episode of the season (given that Gaga appears in them all) and I've linked the thread in which they're in, on my profiles 'About Me' page. I haven't decided whether I should make a new thread for each episode, or just release the download on an updated version of the original thread. Whichever I do, I'll have them linked here:

http://gagadaily.com/profile/14296-fatcat/?tab=field_core_pfield_13

Purr more, hiss less.

NYCMonster1984

I think it's great! There is no reason people who have rape or s-xual abuse history should feel shamed for having a response to the show. Sad that anyone would do that. It's really cool of you to do this for those fans who have issues and can't watch, but would still love to see Gaga:) !  

I'm going to be making a version for every episode of the season (given that Gaga appears in them all) and I've linked the thread in which they're in, on my profiles 'About Me' page. I haven't decided whether I should make a new thread for each episode, or just release the download on an updated version of the original thread. Whichever I do, I'll have them linked here:

http://gagadaily.com/profile/14296-fatcat/?tab=field_core_pfield_13

AbuHassan1992

It's a shame because she just released TIHTY... :smh:

the show has nothing to do with gaga. Gaga has something to do with the show

Archived