💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AHS: Hotel - Ratings Discussion Thread (Finale - 2.25M)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

monketsharona

waiting for an ATRL thread to be created already...

'Is Gaga the reason [..]'

They can't do this as those numbers are actually great ^^ 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

They can't do as those numbers are actually great ^^ 

reason of the big drop compared to others seasons xD

can someone explains to me the 'demo' thing please xD

Demo is the demographic the show is targeting in its time slot, typically 18-49. Networks need good demos in order to sell commercials during the commercial breaks to companies. Ad revenue is one of the most important sources of income for the networks (although there are exceptions, like HBO) so a good demo is key for renewal. I know 1 demo equals a certain number of viewers but I forgot the number. But there is no way in hell AHS is going to get cancelled

who will love me when the night is over

MonsterOfSpain

Not bad at all! This episode was amazing and I'm sure it will keep people interested in the show.

AlexanderLevi2

Ratings are great and all but I care more for the quality. It might have this dip but I feel like it will hold strong through the season. Longevity > quick ratings

Currently listening to Joanne

monketsharona

That's would be dumb to compare with last seasons... Like I said this year is awful for like all the shows. I don't see only one series that hasn't drop from last year numbers...

After music industry, I think TV is also dicreasing...

Fiona Apple

If those 4m viewers stay interested it will be cool. Freakshow had amazing ratings for the first 5 episodes then it started being a bit messy (not bad tho)

This year almost every show suffers a significant drop (htgawm, empire etc).

Streaming is getting more and more strong so this drop is not bad whatsoever.

AgusPop

you are so negative as always. The Haters will say AHS cant beat Empire because of Gaga. They are delusional.

On October 14, 2015, FX's American Horror Story: Hotel was the highest rated show on cable with a 2.15 demo- followed by FS1's MLB Baseball (1.79), Comedy Central'sSouth Park (0.86) and MTV's Teen Mom 2 (0.55).

:applause::woohoo:very strong

DrewStevens

Those are good ratings considering the amount of risks they took with the first episode and the second episode tbh. 

monketsharona

If those 4m viewers stay interested it will be cool. Freakshow had amazing ratings for the first 5 episodes then it started being a bit messy (not bad tho)

yeah and honestly I really think they are airing to much ads... It may push people away..Honestly I loved the episode more when I watched it full today. When I watched it live, I was annoyed by those ads every five minutes... Especially when the episode aired is +1 hour long...

malazam

Demo is the demographic the show is targeting in its time slot, typically 18-49. Networks need good demos in order to sell commercials during the commercial breaks to companies. Ad revenue is one of the most important sources of income for the networks (although there are exceptions, like HBO) so a good demo is key for renewal. I know 1 demo equals a certain number of viewers but I forgot the number. But there is no way in hell AHS is going to get cancelled

''For the 2014-15 broadcast season, a 1.0 rating in the Adults 18-49 demographic is equal to 1.2681 total million viewers. ''

another shot before we kiss the other side

Bad Monster Kid

For cable this is still a great rating. Especially a 2.2 for 18-49. 

Keep in mind last nights episode was 100 mins long while freakshows episodes were kept at 60 minutes. A show that long  and late at night is gonna lose viewers the later and longer it goes. Not bad at all. 

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived