💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How do you feel about Gaga's peers not appreciating her work?

NONONONO

Featured Posts

SychosSoChic

SORRY MIA AND CO.

I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE UNENDING PRAISE AND ACCLAIM THE GP AND CRITICS ARE GIVING GAGA

CRY LOUDER I CANT HEAR YOU

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

It makes me sad, really.. especially the Bowie thing, since he's such an inspiration to Gaga..

I love Tori, but I disagree with her big time. She's wrong.

Bjork.. well, I wouldn't imagine her being into Gaga's music anyway.. She expressed her opinion respectfully, at least. Plus, I believe she said somewhere that she likes her persona and is glad that someone is taking risks again.

And I believe Gaga and M.I.A. are on good terms now, no?

The Madonna thing.. I'm over it.

And Grace Jones.. just no.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

yASSsss

thnx for posting this...now all these people are on my hit list :spook: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Sister

I really do not care about anyone's opinion, unless they deliver it in a hateful way, like Grace Jones keeps leaning towards. Their thoughts have never impressed upon my own, not even Bowie's.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Idk Micheal Gonnorhea

Michel 'Gonnorhea' Gondry is an iconic movie/videos director, who created some of the most acclaimed music videos :sweat: not that his opinion matters anyway :madge: 

Also, who's M.I.A. nowadays? The girl that showed her middle finger in the Super Bowl? Her music is only good when you take her vocals out of the instrumentals

tumblr_ndruv5xgxQ1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

aha and yet the only moment you feel good about yourself is when you listen to bad girls 

MAKE IT WORK

Jesse Pinkman

You know how many people I've met who hates Lady Gaga? Do I care about their opinion? No. And I could care less what her "peers" feel as well.

It's science, bitch

Iwontell

It's ok for people to have different opinions...some of those quotes in the OP weren't even bashing Gaga. Bjork, for example, was just saying it's not the kind of music she listens to (in the same way I'm sure a plethora of people don't care about the new age music she says she likes)...Tori Amos was just posing herself a question...so I think we're a bit too sensitive about it.

And, frankly, if you round up the people who have said wonderful things about her, it obliterates the number of people who had bad things to say.

What bugs me are the opinions that are based on jealousy or on the fear that "she's going to take my spot"...those are sad, bc you'd expect ppl to act their age and be reasonable...it's disappointing...besides that, Gaga is, in a way, "too famous for her own good", in the sense that her fame and image arrive WAY before her work and personality do to a lot of people! 

It's so common for people who don't even know her - that have only seen pictures, maybe heard a chorus of one of her songs or heard someone else talk about her - to come to precipitated conclusions. I've heard over and over famous people who met her saying that they were surprised she wasn't a b---h! I can't condemn ppl who act like that, bc I inadvertently act like that from time to time...it's awful, but it's how we all are.

Louis CK has a great though about fame that I think explains a lot of the hate Gaga gets.

“I’m not trying to get as famous as possible, I’m trying to reach a sweet spot. When you start growing in fame, it’s because more and more people like you. And only people who like you are aware of you. But then you start getting your face on buses and stuff; now people who hate you know who you are. The hate quotient starts to grow a lot. That’s what I’m trying to be aware of.” 

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

EssenceOfPop

Look, hennies...

These certain enduring and contemporary artists throw constant digs, jabs, pokes and pecks because they feel THREATENED by Gaga. There has been no superstar with such vigor and devotion that has swept pop culture right off its axis. The media is always flocking after her, outlets all over have been obsessed by her. Everyone has gone G a g a, over her at some point in time.

Grace Jones, all of a sudden has the audacity seven years later to scream "Ew?!" She's threatened by Gaga's level of talent, creativity and commitment. And for her to pull the "mimic" card, it's called inspiration hun.

For the others, it's a cry for public attention, some sort of personal gain so they can be the buzz of the month or whatever, some of these artists contradict themselves, one moment they gush all over Gaga, the next they claim she's a flop, a phony or a copycat...

ALSO, as much as Gaga's has received hate form her elders and contemporaries in music, she has received praise;

Elton, Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, Barbra Streisand, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Sting, Bruce Springsteen... MICHAEL JACKSON... And the list does indeed go on.

Stay pressed.

Through the fire; we're born again.

Archived