💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Artist's work submitted by fan to Madonna without permission

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Higher

This is real? :air: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

R E D U C T I V E

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Sister

Now THIS is something that could honestly make me hate Madonna, if she did this to me and I have always been a fan for Life.

For shame, Madonna. :whitney:

losing respect~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

jojuun

:sharon:

I think the backdrop during this portion of the show is composed with artworks submitted by fans, so there's a good chance Madonna has no idea about this situation. 

LMAO Exactly. Like the simple SUGGESTION that Madonna is aware that someone sent an email to one of her staff members. Does she think Madonna checks the Spam Folder on her publicists computer?

tumblr_mwlpqdHZqA1qlycwjo1_500.gif

What really happened: Madonna probably went through her tags or mentions, saw these collages made by a fan and reposted. Then simply combined ALL of the fan submitted artwork for her tour. Seriously there's like hundreds of drawings and artworks in that backdrop. Oh and Gaga's done it too by the way. http://ladygaga.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_Film 

This girl SHOULD be happy by now, she now has what she so desperately wants, credits to her "name". But does she think any other popstar would like to order a backdrop by her now? And if they do, they better mention her name each time or she'll go to the press! Lol, delusional.

Sending Liz Rosenberg an email isn't going to work. She should've tried harder to reach out if it really mattered to her. You don't email the publicist of a mega-star that you want credits, Liz probably never even read the email either. And what is she going to do now? Sue Madonna for a social media post? Or a fanmade montage where her image appears for a split second? It'll be out the door in a split second with M's army of lawyers. 

Inb4 her Medonsters justify her by saying "she's promoting her! That's not stealing! She's been doing that since 1899!"

I love how the girl woke up and realized how that crosses the line of "promoting".

Can you read what I said right above this, please? Thanks :reductive2:

And before y'all start getting even worse, look at the gif's and avatars you're all using. That has been made by someone too. It was filmed, photographed or edited by someone else (unless you are using a selfie). Imagine Nick Knight suing you for using a gif from the BTW video because it's copyrighted. The delusion is real.

Tresor

I'd sue in a heartbeat. NEVER let people take advantage of your art, especially if they try to pass it off as theirs.

jojuun

I'd sue in a heartbeat. NEVER let people take advantage of your art, especially if they try to pass it off as theirs.

And exactly how did Madonna do that with using a fan-submitted collage? How is that "passing it off as her own" when she announced "please send in all your submissions for one of my tour backdrop videos!" Someone put it online and Madonna reposted it and used it. What should she do? Personally check if the photograph has been used by someone else, search the web for the original artist?

:bye:

JusKeepBreathin

Artistic rape? Lol oh karma.:emma:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Tresor

And exactly how did Madonna do that with using a fan-submitted collage? How is that "passing it off as her own" when she announced "please send in all your submissions for one of my tour backdrop videos!" Someone put it online and Madonna reposted it and used it. What should she do? Personally check if the photograph has been used by someone else, search the web for the original artist?

She used an artists work for her personal benefit (by lazily slapping her face on it) without asking, for her artistry that is her tour. You think Gaga would ever do something like that without checking? Never. It's extremely unprofessional, and the artist better be compensated.

PaperIz

you're being very irrational right now. I love Madonna so much, but I also love my art. If someone used it like this on such an epic scale I'd br destroyed to get nothing out of it. It's stealing and it's wrong. The artist created that work, no matter how original or not you deem it to be. You are the delusional one. 

sipthistea

I though the artists signed a deal with Madonna, to aloud her to use their art. Or at least one of her fans said so.

And now she's  the one who steals other people's work :emma:

Archived