Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna’s Sex remains the most wanted out of print book

Yanko

Featured Posts

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/books-magazines/madonnas-s-x-remains-the-most-wanted-out-of-print-book/story-fna50uae-1227543444348

the demand remains and many out-of-print books have become collectors’ items and very valuable.
What are the most sought-after out-of-print books? Bookfinder.com has released its latest list. Pop singer Madonna’s revered coffee table book Sex, published by Warner Books in 1992, tops the list as it has done since 2011.

The book, which was packaged in aluminium and is spiral bound and enclosed in a Mylar sheet, was an instant commercial success, selling over 150,000 copies on its first day of release and topping the New York Times’ Best Seller list.

It was released — in five continents and in five languages — the day after Madonna’s Erotica album in a blaze of controversy with the Vatican calling for Catholics to boycott it and Japan banned it from sale shortly after its release. 

“I don’t think s-x is bad. I don’t think nudity is bad. I don’t think that being in touch with your s-xuality and being able to talk about it is bad. I think the problem is that everyone is so uptight about it and have turned it into a bad thing when it’s not. If people could speak freely, we would have more people practising safe s-x, we wouldn’t have people being s-xually abused,” said Madonna, who is playing concerts in Australia in March, said in response to the outcry towards her book. 

The BookFinder Top 20 most sought after books out-of-print
1. Sex by Madonna
2. Rage by Richard Bachmann/Stephen King
3. My Pretty Pony by Stephen King
4. The Harvard Classics (51 volumes) edited by Charles W. Eliot
5. On the Nature and Existence of God by Richard M. Gale
6. Promise Me Tomorrow by Nora Roberts
7. The Jerusalem Bible by Salvador Dali
8. A Treasury of Great Recipes by Vincent & Mary Price
9. Mandingo by Kyle Onstott
10. The Centurions by Jean Larteguy
11. On the Psychologyof Military Incompetence by Norman F. Dixon
12. Labyrinth by A C H Smith
13. 365 Bedtime Stories by Nan Gilbert
14. The Road We are Travelling, 1914-1942: Guide lines to America’s Future by Stuart Chase
15. The Afronauts by Cristina de Middel
16. The Body by Stephen King
17. Mastering Atmosphere & Mood in Watercolor by Joseph Zbukvic
18. The Angelique Series by Anne Golon
19. Murmurs of Earth by Carl Sagan
20. Beyond the Plough by Janet Woods
For top 100 visit bookfinder.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peeps like to see titties obviously.

I won't ever sell mine.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I found one at this Madonna record store in Paris last year for 150 euros but didn't get it :giveup: 

who will love me when the night is over

Well it is actually really good and artistic. Have anyone actually read it through? :) It's a great body of work (pun intended) :)

My Mum found this in the attic last week with all of her other Madonna stuff! (She was like a mega stan :rip:)

don’t you know my a** is famous

yASSsss

*googles Sex by Madonna*

What The fuk did I just see :air: ...I never knew she released a book like this...this is too much ...and the fact that it was released in 1992:rip: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

*googles Sex by Madonna*

What The fuk did I just see :air: ...I never knew she released a book like this...this is too much ...and the fact that it was released in 1992:rip: 

people are not bluffin when they're talking about madonna being controversial 

BLACKOUTbritney

*googles Sex by Madonna*

So iconic! So powerful! My Favourite thing Madonna has ever done :giveup:

yASSsss

So iconic! So powerful! My Favourite thing Madonna has ever done :giveup:

actually I feel the opposite :sweat: ..I have no idea what this book is about, but judging by the photos, I think she went too far 

i wonder how public reacted to this book, I mean it was released in 90s ..I wasn't even born then :duck: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

i wonder how public reacted to this book, I mean it was released in 90s .

The book, which was packaged in aluminium and is spiral bound and enclosed in a Mylar sheet, was an instant commercial success, selling over 150,000 copies on its first day of release and topping the New York Times’ Best Seller list.

NjDS2Oq.gif

Archived