💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What happened to Rihanna's 8th album ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

She released third single american oxygen on April 14th, 2015. I believe that after seeing singles' performances (best of them reached #4 on Billboard), she decided to change whole album...

Does anyone know what's going on ? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mariomania1234

It's a deep web exclusive. A new marketing tactic.

Seriously though, her label probably intervened and forced her to record some radio fodder.

True.

I know you can't compare these Artists but Hilary Duff did the exact same with her Album, after the country Vibe didn't go as successful as planned, they (her label) gave her some time off and flew her to Sweden for some hits aka the bop that is Sparks.

Not the exact same but something similar happened to Ariana too, they (her label) flew her to Sweden in January to have some "hits" on the Album and a refreshing sound.

Back to RiRi:

Since the writers camp just finished some weeks ago, I can imagine the Album being out within the next six months, because the Songs only need to be sung by the bad gal herself now.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Rihanna wanted R8 to be artistic and wanted to be heavily involved in its production, according to certain interviews, that's why it took longer than usual in the first place. After failing to have a successful follow up single to FourFiveSeconds, she said that Kanye is managing the project and that they both have insane time schedules and that they barely meet/work on R8.

However, fans and pop music fans suspect that her label didn't like the original R8 and made her start from scratch. We probably won't know anything else until she gets to finish and release R8 and tells us why it took so long. :ohno:

Everything above is true.I also think because the high demand they ended up releasing some songs (waaay too early) to hold people over. Could've been planned out better but whatever.

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

RainingOnMe

They said that she was running out of people to reply on for writers (since the previous singles flopped terribly) so I am not sure if she gave up or what.

Katsuki Bakugo

They said that she was running out of people to reply on for writers (since the previous singles flopped terribly) so I am not sure if she gave up or what.

one of those writers was her... so thats :awkney: 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Rihanna wanted R8 to be artistic and wanted to be heavily involved in its production, according to certain interviews, that's why it took longer than usual in the first place. After failing to have a successful follow up single to FourFiveSeconds, she said that Kanye is managing the project and that they both have insane time schedules and that they barely meet/work on R8.

However, fans and pop music fans suspect that her label didn't like the original R8 and made her start from scratch. We probably won't know anything else until she gets to finish and release R8 and tells us why it took so long. :ohno:

I still believe to this day that this exact thing is what happened to ARTPOP. 

Ferrer Zorola

I'm pretty damn sure she is not going to include 4 5 seconds, American oxygen nor BBHMM on her eight album 

LIFE IS GOOD

Kacey Elizabeth

one of those writers was her... so thats :awkney: 

how much input does she exactly have, though? 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Chromatislaps

the reason the album is delayed is because Kanye West is the executive producer of the album, and somewhere between now and the end of october they will be recording new tracks, since Kanye's schedule was full.

badgalriri

stop. this thread throws a boulder through the stain glass window that is my heart. i hate this topic. it destroys me everyday. Rih... what have you done??!?!?!

Archived