💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Female Rappers to Watch

Bebe

Featured Posts

I'll assume that a few of you already know these three names or at least one or two, but for the users that only have a casual interest here are the top 3 female rappers to watch out for.

More likely to break out into the pop world, I'll start with Lady Leshurr.

I-D-Singers-LadyLeshurr116-copy1-r-w800-

Already finding friends with influential designers like Alexander Wang, Lady Leshurr is a British rapper who is gaining interest fast. Vogue recently wrote an article about her exclaiming that she is "destined for music and fashion stardom too." (http://www.vogue.com/13335102/music-fashion-style-alexander-wang-fashion-week-lady-leshurr-lexi-boling/)

She has been slowly making waves since 2013 revealing in an article with The Guardian that she turned down a deal with Atlantic Records because she didn't like their pitch.

"They said, 'Nicki Minaj is your competition and we will blow her out of the water'," she recalls. The only way to promote female rappers is to pit them against each other, she complains: "It pushes the gaps between us – girl rappers are afraid to work together because we get fixed in these imaginary competitions. The industry just doesn't know what to do with women." (http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/apr/20/lady-leshurr-interview-blazin-video)

Second I'll mention DonMonique.

DONMONIQUE.jpg

Popular underground, her "Thirst Trap EP" has been recently released and has gained positive critical reception from sites such as Pitchfork, Trapped Magazine and Vice (Noisey).

Best known for her track Pilates, she is slowly gaining recognition in the music world. She has a more hip-hop trap sound but she is clever with her words. As said by Noisey, Pilates is "a tune that was cleverly twisted the names of pop culture's queen bees (Kendall, Kylie, Miley) into slang for whatever party favors were on deck." (http://noisey.vice.com/blog/Premiere-donmonique-debut-ep-thirst-trap) 

Last but not least, the name you are most likely to be familiar with (especially if you are Australian), Tkay Maidza

3f71a5c7-9904-47d3-b396-f25ba3d06578-206

Supporting Charli XCX on tour and collaborating with Troye Sivan, this Breakout Australian rapper has been climbing the ladder with an aesthetic that is closer to Azealia or M.I.A than Nicki. If you haven't heard of her yet, you probably will soon as she is currently working on her debut album

PinkJelly

I've seen the first and last videos, only because they went viral in the UK. Lady Leshurr has got talent but god that stage name :awkney:

Cody Draco

I don't think any other female rapper will be able to interest me.

Azealia has set the bar so high for me that I ended up no longer listening to Nicki.

Her work has such an artistic quality to it in my mind that everything else seems pointless.

she doesn't sounds like Shakira :rip:

She sounds so much alike to me :air: Also damn german rap is so hard to understand but sounds good

Supersonic

The bae CL:

She's currently trying to break the American market and released a buzz single and it kinda sucked but I still have high hopes for her to come through :flutter: 

FrankGutz

You forgot Lady

ladtyankin1.jpg

only known rapper in the thread, iconic Queen of pressed Mods who close her threads & hip breaker of GGD :legend:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived