💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Nashville Legacy: The Country Music Fans Thread

ctherainbow

Featured Posts

ctherainbow

Welcome To The Country Music Fans Thread!

Here you can post content related to your favorite country music and musicians, share your love of country music, or even learn more about it and develop an appreciation for this driving force behind much of American music and culture.

Featured Artist:

Maddie & Tae

Notable for their debut single Girl In A Country Song, which takes on the issue of the depiction of women in modern country music.  It peaked at #1 on Hot Country Airplay, #3 on Hot Country Songs, and #54 on the Hot 100.  Their debut album, Start Here, gave them a Top 10 debut, peaking at #7 on the Billboard Top 200 albums chart.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

ctherainbow

Reserved For: Events/Listening Parties/Featured Playlists

ctherainbow

Well, it's the most patriotic genre of music.

Many argue that it's TOO patriotic, and fosters blind nationalism.  Others, including myself(though I recognize its flaws) think that it boosts national pride, and, coupled with country social values, promotes a sense of civic duty.  What do you think?

I;m down with it as a post-911 song where the US had been attacked and was going after Al Quada. Some wars are mistakes (Iraq 2003), but some are necessary.

Anyway, It's a well-written song and the majority of entertainers are on the left-liberal side, so it's something different. 

ctherainbow

I'm down with it as a post-911 song where the US had been attacked and was going after Al Quada. Some wars are mistakes (Iraq 2003), but some are necessary.

Anyway, It's a well-written song and the majority of entertainers are on the left-liberal side, so it's something different. 

Well said.  :applause:  Do you have any other favorite country songs?

Riot Poof

Being a Latino from Connecticut, me listening to country seemed unlikely. Then I decided to give the genre a chance, and it turns out that there are plenty of songs that I like! I'm definitely interested in learning more about country.

I like this kind of country:

This kind of country sounds a lot like folk music (which makes sense). I dig it a lot.

As for bro-country, I'm not a huge fan. I love Sam Hunt tho, and I'm a fan of Thomas Rhett too.

In regards to these two songs, it helps that they incorporate other genres as well.

Anyone like alt country? I dig Neko Case.

I'm also very interested in Carrie Underwood. I love her voice, and I hope I can get into her music.

idk if this particular song is country enough, but it's my favorite from Carrie.

Overall, I think it's weird that a lot of people are like "I listen to all kinds of music... except for country." Country has songs that can serve as gateways to those who are new to the genre, as seen in this post.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Riot Poof

But honestly I think Shakira was the reason I gave country a chance. During her first season on The Voice, she said that she loved country, and she claimed that country's becoming more popular with Latinxs. I was probably thinking "Well, if Shakira listens to country, then I can most certainly listen to it as well."

BUT I must admit that country that's heavy on patriotism, beer, Jesus, etc. turns me off. :flop: I just wasn't raised in that environment, so it's very... weird to me.

Riot Poof

Def gonna keep my eye on Cam.

Riot Poof

This song hits me in the heart. :giveup:

idk why my 6th grade self was researching murdered children, but that was what I was doing. And the tribute videos usually featured this song. :cryga:

Riot Poof

Ignore this flop post.  :rip: 

tbh you should dedicate this post to country artists who have their own threads.

Sam Hunt
Taylor Swift

:hor:

Archived