Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Any one else still feels Born To Die is still her best ?

Versace

SO ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. SO ?

• Yes Born To Slay is still her best
    • Bye, Honeymoon snatched my soul and i'm now in heaven streaming the album on Lanaify
    • Justice for Ultraviolence buy it on iTunes , delete Honeymoon fat

Featured Posts

Let me start by saying I'm extremely impressed by the last 5 songs of the album (Honeymoon) as i feel musically they are way more advanced than the songs before them , they are Flawless and might even surpass Born To Die (if we exclude the extra slayage of Paradise cause it would not be fair to compare). I feel the last 5 songs on Honeymoon are what i wanted the whole album to be , i don't know how to describe the last part of the album but it's making me go like is that really Lana ? something that you don't doubt when hearing a Lana song.  Swan Song is the song i've been waiting from her since forever now that i got it i don't think i could ask more (literally cried at it's beauty).

The other songs on the album though miles better than Ultrawhylana are Great don't get me wrong , i feel when Lana made them she knew she can't outdo the glorious and anthemic vibes of BornToDie but at the same time she didn't want to take another risk like Ultraviolence. So since the only thing i would give BTD a 7.5 on would be production everything else gets a 10, i felt the production on BTD was so old school (reason the world loved it i guess lol) thus it felt like an album from the 60's whereas Honeymoon is serving us Classic Lana with a more advanced and updated sound the way those melodies are so detailed to the core of the song , it's unique, it draws influence from many genres but the outcome is something only Lana could do or the better word is master.

i have to say though i'm sad the most uptempo we have on Honeymoon is High By The Beach , can i also add that High By The Beach or Music To Watch Boys Too would have been way more iconic as album titles. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

I actually think Born To Die is her worst. :sweat:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Fiona Apple

It DEFINITELY is... Ultraviolence is good too . I am dissapointed with Honeymoon though.. But Salvatore is one of the best songs of her career

TerrenceV2

Bye at you all paying her best piece of work and masterpiece Ultraviolence dust in the poll.

playground love - josef salvat

venusian

Bye at you all paying Ultraviolence dust

people dont like ultraviolence bc its too dark. i love it tho but yeah

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

DrewStevens

I don't like her but Born To Die is an amazing album. It was fresh and different, it was a perfect combination between different genres and it was very catchy and relatable without falling into the "basic/generic" category. I didn't like it at first but then I gave it a second chance and I loved it. I'm not a fan of Lana but Born To Die is one of the best albums of the decade. 

Born To Die will always be her first defining moment.

However, Ultraviolence still gives me chills to this day. (Old Money, UV, FMWUT). It explored new themes and sounds. Which some fans didn't like. SONICALLY it was a hauntingly beautiful album. 

Honeymoon is this beautiful new italian, jazzy, 60s sound which i am LIVING FOR ATM.

Lana honestly just gets better with each album IMO.

:giveup:

Katsuki Bakugo

Born To Die is her best work because it was her "pop" entrance! She now does whatever she wants. I seriously love her entire body of work but BTD will have a nostalgic place in my heart as the one I fell in love with

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

retroglamx

So, I still fail to understand how most people don't enjoy UV as much as I (and others) do. It's honestly her most cohesive piece of work and it's a timeless record. Honeymoon is also an amazing record, a strong contender for best Lana album. In my opinion, her albums are rated:

1. Ultraviolence

2. Honeymoon

3. Born To Die

4. Paradise

I'd really like to know what sets us (UV lovers/non-lovers) apart. I've noticed that both lovers/non-lovers have very strong opinions about it...

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Yes, I also think it is, but I also think that Ultraviolence is her best album.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

TheOriginalOne

I honestly think Ultraviolence is so underrated. I mean, West Coast, Ultraviolence, Pretty When You Cry, Money Power Glory, ****ed My Way To The Top, and Old Money are pretty amazing.

Archived