Jump to content
society

Kim Davis: "I am being forced to disobey God"


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Kim Davis, the embattled county clerk who was jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses in the wake of the Supreme Court's ruling on same-s-x marriage, said Monday that she is being "forced to disobey her God" by allowing her office to issue licenses to gay couples.

Last week upon being released from detention, Davis was warned by U.S. District Judge David Bunning not to interfere with the issuing of marriage licenses, directly or indirectly, or face further time behind bars for contempt.

"I want the whole world to know ... If any [deputy clerk] feels that they must issue an unauthorized license to avoid being thrown in jail, I understand their tough choice, and I will take no action against them. However, any unauthorized license that they issue will not have my name, my title or my authority on it. Instead, the license will state that they are issued pursuant to a federal court order."

She said that having her name on the marriage certificate, whether she signs it or not, "authorizes marriage that conflicts with God's definition of marriage as a union between one man and one woman [and] violates my deeply-held religious convictions and conscience. For me, this would be an act of disobedience to my God.

"Whether I personally issue the license or whether one of my deputies issues it, the result is the same. The license is issued under the authority of Kim Davis, County Clerk of Rowan County."

"I don't want to have this conflict. I don't want to be in the spotlight, and I certainly don't want to be a whipping post; I am no hero," Davis said. "I just want to serve my neighbors quietly without violating my conscience. And so this morning, I am forced to fashion a remedy that reconciles my conscience with Judge Bunning's orders. Effective immediately and until an accommodation is provided by those with the authority to provide it, any marriage license issued by my office will not be issued or authorized by me."

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ky-clerk-i-am-being-forced-to-disobey-god/

Link to post
Share on other sites

zeifr6V.gif

do your job you old cüntess and let the kentucky homos put a ring on it

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.
Link to post
Share on other sites

SlaeUrAnus

Stop using the Bible and Gods name to cover your ignorance! 

Stupid cow.

In my messy era.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Either quit or fire her. If I did that at my job I would've been fired weeks ago. I guess she doesn't want to lose her 80k yearly salary

 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

Either quit or fire her. If I did that at my job I would've been fired weeks ago. I guess she doesn't want to lose her 80k yearly salary

 

She can't be fired. She is an elected official. She has to be impeached. That's why this entire thing is a mess :rip: Apparently a lot of the people in that area (the voters) agree with her so.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

VOLANTIS

She can just Quit.... She shouldn't have to eat what she doesn't earn.

Her God will feed her. 

tumblr_mavk7idF5k1qgslaao1_500.gif

 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
Link to post
Share on other sites

SOLUTION:

If you don't agree with the ethical principles of your job, just QUIT! Find another job, boo. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

SOLUTION:

If you don't agree with the ethical principles of your job, just QUIT! Find another job, boo. 

She doesn't want to give up that 80k salary. She knows if she quits she'll be bagging groceries at her local market.

Link to post
Share on other sites

She doesn't want to give up that 80k salary. She knows if she quits she'll be bagging groceries at her local market.

for the al'mighty and not the bling :legend:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...