Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"She wants us to call her Stefani," Cheyenne Jackson on working with Gaga.

TRYMCNL

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't you call me Stefani, she died a long time ago." -Lady Gaga at the Cheek to Cheek show tonight

What-Is-The-Truth-Gif.gif

She doesn't want Jazz fans/monsters to call her Stefani.

Perhaps these actors she works with every day became close friends, so she prefers Stefani.

Easy. 

FreePalestine

freebit

He says he approached her and asked what he should call her and she said "Stefani. Stefani's my real name, I like that."

This exchange sounds so sweet. 

Anyway, it's cool that she'd rather relate to the AHS crew on a personal level than stay in Gaga mode for the whole thing. 

Swan Heart

I would love it if LG5 is called Stefani.. It's such a beautiful name.. :sara:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

DanielM

That makes me sad. I loved the "Gaga and Stefani are the same person" thing. I don't like she calls herself Gaga in public but in private she is Stefani. It makes me feel Gaga is a role and not a real person. In front of her little monsters she's one person and with her friends and colleagues she is other person. So who is real? :cryga: 

CatelynnMarie

I think it's also a sense of maturity and confidence. I remember Gaga mentioning before how early on in her career, she would always use accents/ wear sunglasses because she was afraid to really just be her complete self. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was either that or similar to that. Anyway, I think now she's just reached a point in her life where she's really happy and just comfortable in all areas of herself. Gaga is her stage name/nick name, and it is absolutely who she is, but I think she's just coming full circle and is appreciating herself entirely. 

TimisaMonster

Don't call me Gaga...

She's truly embracing her next TFM era I see :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

giskardsb

She probably also wants to put herself on the same level playing field with the other actors without all the "baggage" and expectations that come along with the Gaga moniker.  She wants to be treated as just another one of the cast and not be the celebrity they know as Gaga.

Katsuki Bakugo

:udidnt:

I remember her saying she preferred Gaga like early on in her career.

Time to overa--lyze the significance this shift could hold.

Every interview up until mid born this way - 

What do your loved ones call you- Gags "they call me gaga" 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

She probably just wants to be treated like any other actress, not Lady Gaga - a singer that's dipping her  toe in the acting world. Not to mention she probably doesn't want to be thought of as the superior of the cast - "Lady Gaga" might be intimidating to some whereas "Stefani" brings a personal relation to the cast.

I don't really see why people are so down about it though, if you didn't think Gaga had a different "persona" on and off stage or around/not around fans you need to think about it lol. Every single person has a different "mask" they wear around different people, none of the masks are any "less" of themselves as another. 

Archived