Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Work B**ch, the most aggressive EDM instrumental released by a pop star?

TailoredGuilts

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

For a single, yea, id say so. I think this single was released slightly after the high of EDM success (id say around 2012/early 2013), and it missed the boat. I believe thats partly why it failed. Britneys team was trying to ride the EDM wave but jumped to join it too late and hit the ocean floor. 

post-8345-never-turn-your-back-to-the-oc

LittleLion

woooow im surprised nobody agrees with the OP

i was just listening to WorkBitch this morning while i was drinking a espresso, and BOOOM

the instrumental GOES ****IN HARD, aura or judas are not even full EDM

work b---h is not even pop, is like straight full EDM

the sounds are like TAZ TAZ TAZ TAZ ----- BOOM BOOM BOOM ---- And then have those very very intense sounds like TRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ------ TRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and when hear the drums around :33 and then the super fast TUM TUM TUM TUM TUM TUM TUM

AND THEN ****IN EXPLODE LIKE TZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And then that iconic TUN TUN TUN TUN TURUN TUN, TUN TUN TURUN TUN TUN

and then how starts growing the sound in the part of " WORK IT OUT, WORK IT OUT, WORK IT OUT, WORK IT OUT"

AROUND 2:33 is like TAZ TAZ TAZ TARAZ TAZ TAZ - TAZ TAZ TARAZ TAZ TAZ, **** it give me CHILLS

is very very hard to explain becuz im not a musician, but i think the people that worked in the song (i think it was like  4 producers involved in Work Bitch including the guys from Swedish house mafia) did a GREAT GREAT JOB

the song is not even close to lame, is edgy and ****in risky!!! listen to all the sounds and the production, is A - LIST

i was thinking that BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY production comes closer but is not full EDM

totally identified with the OP, the song is definitely timeless, thats why it was a public success, not a chart success

even people that i know, that knows about music, straight guys, agree that the song is cool except for the vocals, i think the vocals are ok

A LIST production without a doubt

Jesse Pinkman

Idk about all of that but Work Bitch is an incredible song minus the messy, inconsistent production from Will.I.Am.

It's science, bitch

Didymus

Did no one read in my OP where I literally said "Other than Aura or Swine, BUT they weren't either singles".... trying to think of released singles

And when I mean aggressive I think a better word is... relentlentless. When the chorus comes in it just keeps drilling the listener in the head getting stronger and then it lets up when the verse comes again.

I didn't read it, I'll admit :chica:

But I changed my vote to BTW above :whitney:

I love Work Bitch though omg don't get me wrong (I was so sure it would be a global smasher) but I think BTW felt more like an attack of sound, while Work Bitch is.. you can catch up with it, I'll put it like that. BTW just goes like a ****ing rocket.

Just my opinion :zilla: Gonna listen to WB now :pray:

Haroon

I think She Wolf gets pretty hard hitting and the music after the chorus definitely contrasts to the lighter verses :music: 

That said, I totally agree that Work Bitch is one of the more aggressive songs and I love it for it :flutter: Plus it definitely shakes you up after Alien in the tracklist :laughga: 

For a single, yea, id say so. I think this single was released slightly after the high of EDM success (id say around 2012/early 2013), and it missed the boat. I believe thats partly why it failed. Britneys team was trying to ride the EDM wave but jumped to join it too late and hit the ocean floor. 

Yes, if Work Bitch came a couple years sooner and had better lyrics, I think the catchy instrumental would make it a big hit.

TailoredGuilts

Both vocals AND instrumental were way more aggresive than Work Bitch.

I do love the beat in the beginning and verses of Judas but then it gets softer during the chorus whereas Work B**ch just keeps building until the chorus ends... which I love.

Also... I think the WB instrumental has a really finely polished sound... Like i can imagine it standing on its own as an instrumental compared to others.

Does that make sense? I'm not at all trying to start some war of stans saying who's songs are better. I'm really just trying to share my thoughts on Work B**ch's instrumental and how underrated I think it is.

I think it stars off really strong as you say, but becomes kinda tame after the first minute.

Sitll better without the vocals though.

GreenEyes

well this thread proved no one reads the main post. 

He asked for singles, aura and swine are not singles 

that being said I agree Work Bitch is one hard hitting EDM single, I remember hearing it and it hit me like a truck. 

Brooke Candy

Did no one read in my OP where I literally said "Other than Aura or Swine, BUT they weren't either singles".... trying to think of released singles

And when I mean aggressive I think a better word is... relentlentless. When the chorus comes in it just keeps drilling the listener in the head getting stronger and then it lets up when the verse comes again.

it's still a No. You tried.

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Archived