other

Idris Elba 'too street' to play James Bond, writer says

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

does he have the role? its weird seeing james bond played by a black actor but whatever, he's hot :emma: 

No he didn't, and very unlikely,

as the writer said this lines you see on the title.

And which is why it become a fire-storm soon afterwards.

When the shxts hits the fan :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

No he didn't, and very unlikely,

as the writer said this lines you see on the title.

And which is why it become a fire-storm soon afterwards.

When the shxts hits the fan :fan:

oh i didn't know anthony horowitz wrote a james bond novel, my bad :emma:

Did he actually watch Luther? Even in that show Idris wasn't "street" or anything close. He was well-spoken, well-dressed, very composed. This guy's backpedaling apology with weak "clarification" isn't helping him. 

I don't think he should apologize for having an opinionopinion. Should casting directors apologize everytime they cast one person over he other. 

Read the full article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3212827/James-Bond-new-book-Trigger-Mortis-written-Anthony-Horowitz-wanted-life.html

"Neither is Horowitz impressed with the favourite to take over from Daniel Craig. 

‘Idris Elba is a terrific actor, but I can think of other black actors who would do it better.’ 

He names Adrian Lester, star of Hustle. 

‘For me, Idris Elba is a bit too rough to play the part. It’s not a colour issue. I think he is probably a bit too “street” for Bond. Is it a question of being suave? Yeah.’"

Don't visit my profile

aaronyoji

but james bond runs around shooting people, crashing cars, walks away whilst explosions occur behind him, how is someone like idris elba too street. thats why race comes in, because if james bond wasn't white and in a suit they'd be the villian in another movie... 

mwjuell91

Isn't the whole point of acting to ACT? So if he is "street" or not, that should not matter, as long as he acts like James Bond on film.. otherwise they would have to find the real James Bond and typecast him as himself. 

Archived