Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Osbourne Invests £500 million at Faslane


Better Day

Featured Posts

Better Day

Chancellor George Osborne has been accused of "arrogance" after announcing more than £500m of contracts for the Royal Navy's submarine base at Faslane.
The UK government said the work, which is due to begin in 2017, would secure 6,700 jobs and create thousands more.
Mr Osborne told BBC Radio Scotland that the investment was a "massive boost for Scotland and the UK's defence".
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said it was "arrogant" to pre-empt parliament's decision on the replacement of Trident.
The new contracts will include the building of ship lifts, sea walls, jetties and other major projects over the next 10 years.
The announcement followed the Conservative chancellor's pledge in the summer Budget to maintain the Nato commitment to spending at least 2% of GDP annually on defence. 

- Source -BBC News - No copyright intended.

This is bloody disgusting. Disabled people are getting their benefits slashed, police numbers are getting slashed but Osbourne can invest £500 million into nuclear weapons which is a threat to the Scottish people. Trident needs scrapped. I hate this man with a passion. 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dramatica

OMG I came here thinking it was about Sharon Osbourne.

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.
Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy has bad priorities...

He lowers taxes for the richest (heritage tax), and at the same time lowers welfare and now this. I do personally consider the 2% norm to be a norm that should be achieved especially during a time when Russia and IS are actual big threats, but it's weird how they only do this now.

6700 jobs from 500m pounds is nothing though... they could easily create over 25000 jobs with that money which would contribute more to the economy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

monsterdreams

Can't stand him, he's messing us up 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade
Link to post
Share on other sites

SychosSoChic

This guy has bad priorities...

He lowers taxes for the richest (heritage tax), and at the same time lowers welfare and now this. I do personally consider the 2% norm to be a norm that should be achieved especially during a time when Russia and IS are actual big threats, but it's weird how they only do this now.

6700 jobs from 500m pounds is nothing though... they could easily create over 25000 jobs with that money which would contribute more to the economy.

It's like the 1900s all over again :laughga: 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day

Can't stand him, he's messing us up 

him and his whole load of tory pr*cks

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

HighwayGuy

The whole nuclear weapons programme will cost 30 billion+, a complete waste of taxpayer's money:eww:

I'd rather my money be spent keeping children out of poverty rather than keeping nuclear weapons on submarines :eww:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...