💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The misunderstandings of the "ARTPOP" concept are hilarious

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

CharlieQuinn

Gaga has been making ARTPOP since the beginning of her career. ARTPOP (the album) is just a review (take a look at VMA Applause performance)

She loves the album for some reason. I love the album, I loved the tour. The ARTPOP era was just a magical trip of beauty, love and art. 

Gaga's ARTPOP impact is undeniable. Not just ARTPOP the album, but ARTPOP the vision. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ferrer Zorola

so you're basically calling Gaga's music basic
:fail:
beautiful dirty rich, paper gangsta, retro dance freak, bad romance, Alejandro, teeth, all of the songs on born this way, aura, Venus, jewels n' d--gs, ARTPOP and obviously all of the songs on cheek to cheek DISAGREE. 

LIFE IS GOOD

crisTEAne

Gaga has been making ARTPOP since the beginning of her career. ARTPOP (the album) is just a review (take a look at VMA Applause performance)

She loves the album for some reason. I love the album, I loved the tour. The ARTPOP era was just a magical trip of beauty, love and art. 

Gaga's ARTPOP impact is undeniable. Not just ARTPOP the album, but ARTPOP the vision. 

you must be a beautiful soul. i'm so happy that some are able to understand and appreciate her artistic merits and visions. transforming as magic was a key phrase during the era: transforming her very self, the experience of her fans, and zeitgeist as a whole. :sara: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

mte.  I also love Gaga's quest to encourage art and creativity in her fans via ARTPOP and the tour.

I live outside the space time continuum.

you must be a beautiful soul. i'm so happy that some are able to understand and appreciate her artistic merits and visions. transforming as magic was a key phrase during the era: transforming her very self, the experience of her fans, and zeitgeist as a whole.

this

I live outside the space time continuum.

Kacey Elizabeth

I don't agree that people are comparing Mikey to Gaga's vision of ARTPOP and how she would've executed the era...that's a lie

I also don't agree with you saying Gaga makes safe pop music...she had Judas AND Born This Way as singles...her most controversial singles to date off the same album AFTER Bad Romance. She takes risks musically as well...dance music wasn't popular when she came on the scene, talking about gay rights wasn't a thing until she came out with BTW, and trying to be deep and artsy wasn't a thing until ARTPOP came out...

Gaga is always doing the opposite of what's already being done and that's what makes her stand out and she's a trend setter 

Gurl, let's stop the delusion right there. I agree that Judas was risky to release as a singles. No doubt about that, but Born This Way? Really? 

Dance/electronic music wasn't completely popular when Gaga came into scene, but it was already slowly making it's comeback. Gaga, however, did have a input in reviving that genre of music in the mainstream. 

Lots of other artists were talking about LGBT rights before Gaga launched her career. Madonna is a great example, and other artists were already talking about LGBT rights before Gaga. Plenty of musicians have been deep and artsy. That's not even something that needs to be debunked because it is so obvious. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

TimisaMonster

Gurl, let's stop the delusion right there. I agree that Judas was risky to release as a singles. No doubt about that, but Born This Way? Really? 

Dance/electronic music wasn't completely popular when Gaga came into scene, but it was already slowly making it's comeback. Gaga, however, did have a input in reviving that genre of music in the mainstream. 

Lots of other artists were talking about LGBT rights before Gaga launched her career. Madonna is a great example, and other artists were already talking about LGBT rights before Gaga. Plenty of musicians have been deep and artsy. That's not even something that needs to be debunked because it is so obvious. 

Yes BTW was controversial and risky...why are giving Judas cred but BTW a pass? :smh:

Having artists say they stand for LGBT rights is one thing, but Gaga actually make a whole album concept out of it...that took GUTS! Would Rihanna have made an album like BTW? Katy? Britney? Beyonce?

Who knows, but I don't find it to be likely...they all care about their image too much...Gaga didn't care and felt it was important so she went for it. 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I think that Gaga presented ARTPOP as she had planned and wanted and seeing as how it was presented in form and sight through promotion, leading up to it and media form, before the music, I can't help but think that the music to ARTPOP was a lot different than how we got it at release and that was not Gaga's intentions, but her backing workers in the labels and her big bosses. The album is not a loss, there is much to love, but I think that it is not a good representative source of what ARTPOP was to Gaga and so we all must just deal, Gaga included. We have some nice songs and we have circled around it, no need to keep arguing about it, we are beyond it and Gaga seems to be back on track and not harping on what wasn't. So, let us NOT.

ARTPOP the song is closest to what the whole ARTPOP album was supposed to be, but we will never know, only Gaga. Let It Be~ 

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

shaneybaby

Whoever thinks gaga music is safe is a damned fool lmao i mean Applause is, but the majority is the polar opposite. Poker face was the only song remotely like that when it came out. Bad romance?! Never heard anything like. Basically all of ARTPOP minus Applause... I don't get anyone saying her music is safe. Katy Perry. Taylor Swift. Those are "safe" artists. Get your **** straight 

kiwifromvenus

Whoever thinks gaga music is safe is a damned fool lmao i mean Applause is, but the majority is the polar opposite. Poker face was the only song remotely like that when it came out. Bad romance?! Never heard anything like. Basically all of ARTPOP minus Applause... I don't get anyone saying her music is safe. Katy Perry. Taylor Swift. Those are "safe" artists. Get your **** straight 

I know right. Thank you :)

Venus is so safe. With all of its choruses and the fact that the structure changes throughout the song so much.

Dope is a safe ballad. It would fit right into an Adele album for example (nothing against Adele)

Oh Jewels n' Drugs is so safe that its one of the most popular songs out there. If it were safe more people would probably love it.

I can't even and thats just ARTPOP. All the safe songs on BTW and TFM ... Teeth skj;fslgvafjsnv;nvan; CAN'T

:laughga:

Archived