Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The misunderstandings of the "ARTPOP" concept are hilarious

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

Whispering

Because they have close contact with various Gaga team members, including ones whose Twitter accounts Gaga has personally used to shade people without getting caught. It's not like this kind of information is kept on lockdown within camps, it's completely different for people on the inside of the industry than it is for fans on the outside looking in. Fake insiders are generally the kind of people who are lucky enough to get one piece of info, run with it, and then keep up a charade until they get caught. They're also the attention *****s. Anyone who's been in this fanbase for a while has seen a boatload of those and should be able to tell the difference.

Because they say they do? Lol

The comment made by this person about the tweets is just an opinion, like anyone else commenting on these tweets. It's an opinion that this "insider" has decided to present as a fact and you believe it. 

I don't believe these insiders, including this one! 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga

Because they say they do? Lol

The comment made by this person about the tweets is just an opinion, like anyone else commenting on these tweets. It's an opinion that this "insider" has decided to present as a fact and you believe it. 

I don't believe these insiders, including this one! 

Ironic since you're presenting your ill-informed belief that it's nothing more than an opinion as fact. I don't know what else to say, if you want to continue believing that they're unreliable despite them establishing credibility years ago without looking into it, it's no skin off my shoulder. There are plenty of fans who have been around longer that know they're legit

PropaGaga is legit. He wouldn't jerk you around tbh. 

Believe what you want, he's a nice guy that wouldn't do that. I've met him personally and the last thing he wants to do is provide false information

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Whispering

Ironic since you're presenting your ill-informed belief that it's nothing more than an opinion as fact. I don't know what else to say, if you want to continue believing that they're unreliable despite them establishing credibility years ago without looking into it, it's no skin off my shoulder. There are plenty of fans who have been around longer that know they're legit

Yep, that's exactly what I believe. Not going to take some anonymous "insider's" random opinions and thoughts as facts. I don't believe they are legit as an insider who knows that much information about the inner workings of everything dealing with Gaga's career. 

AyaKara

As a friendly reminder, please remember to stay on topic and keep your discussions civil without personally attacking another member, even if you disagree. Thanks guys!

I personally agree with OP, and it's part of why I love Gaga, but also why I stick around as a fan. I want to see her concepts and ideas lived out. The times that they have been, it's such an excellent, amazing thing to see. When they aren't (as with some of BTW, and almost all of ARTPOP), it's painful because she has so much potential that's wasted for that era.

It was weird to me that she even had an album called ARTPOP because her work was already in that 'frame'; she called her work art-pop back during TF days. So, to promise experimental music (as she said during the July 11th 2013 announcement with the ski mask, and when she released Stache), it was unusual to see the album we got. All in all, I'm looking forward to when Gaga works to the extent of her ideas and nothing stops her.

Yea they only post info on Popjustice now, under the name mindtrappa. Check the Lady Gaga thread if you like, just yesterday they were talking about how Gaga's ARTPOP instagram posts were subtle shade towards Miley, and that she's been doing stuff like that for years lol

Holy ****. I just looked it up and you're right. O_O 

Honestly I'm very disappointed in Gaga. I understand she might be bitter that Miley is getting attention for doing things she did first (or at least showed the mainstream first), but to be so shady is weak and spineless. Either call it out directly or shut your mouth. 

Alcina Dimitrescu

And this person knows all of this inside information, how? I don't believe any of this. 

I would like to see links and proff of all this that you are claiming. Otherwise, you are piecing together a bunch of information that you think you heard two years ago. Things get list in translation and these "insiders" are not reliable sources. 

Does this really surprise you? Just looking at her twitter timeline around that time should be enough clue something wasnt really going right in that aspect. All those "perfecting the album" tweets that were up to like one month before release and the tracklist (iirc) announcement getting brutaly delayed.

Pure Adrenaline

Miley & Her Dead Petz was everything ARTPOP was supposed to be.

then I'm glad ARTPOP isn;t what it was supposed to be

britney-spears1.gif

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

gagzus

There are moments where the "immersive 3d" sound that Gaga intended for the album shine through, mainly on the singles which were clearly given more care [...] And in regards to 1989 I'm not implying it's a brilliant album or anything, but from a standpoint of pop and commercial appeal (which is one of the main topics here) it's produced in a way where everything sounds pleasant and well-mixed, everyhing hits right and the vocals are exceptionally well-produced, all of which leads to a wider appeal. If 1989 was mixed by ARTPOP's engineers it would have fared much worse.

Firstly, the 3D sound idea was a fan theory in late 2012/early 2013 not something Gaga ever mentioned nor implied the record was going to be, when she spoke about the album's sound she said it was inspired by adrenaline which DOES show. And 1989 is only commercially appealing because it's main producer was Max Martin the second most used generic producer currently and it's written about relationships per Taylor's formula she's had for her whole career which is boring and done to death now from every commercial artist since relationships songs became big again in late 2012. Since she's STILL with Calvin I expect her next record to sound different and possibly be more Dance and have a different message.

Onto AP. ARTPOP was actually mixed very well I found, the only time it goes awry is Donatella's chorus when the two lines go over each other, but imo it's meant to sound chaotic in that sense. Also ARTPOP only sounds commercial because when she was making ARTPOP it was only the beginning of the EDM sound on radio with the watered down pop formula that lasted a while of having a Dance break in the songs. When AP was released full fledged EDM was on radio, had it came out in April like originally intended it would've been slightly a head of the phase by a few months. Yes she did also say she made the songs to be hits, but I believe she meant it as she made music we would find catchy and awesome and love whenever we heard them on the radio.

Overall, ARTPOP is a tremendous album and effort, she made AP as a way of personal expression like art is so it's her art and i love it, the technicals do not matter, the radio spins do not matter, what matters is she delivered good work which she did, she's an EDM artist and she delivered the perfect modern EDM album combining multiple sub-genres from Dance, Complextro, Trap, Trance and Hardstyle in the songs. 

You guys need to bury this and move on, whether you think it was a good enough album or not who cares just save your complaining for LG5 when most of y'all will find faults YET AGAIN. Or else y'all won't have the energy to complain any more :derpga: 

Whispering

Does this really surprise you? Just looking at her twitter timeline around that time should be enough clue something wasnt really going right in that aspect. All those "perfecting the album" tweets that were up to like one month before release and the tracklist (iirc) announcement getting brutaly delayed.

Does what really surprise me? The fact that Gaga probably came back too soon from her injury and Troy was a disorginazed ass that didn't have his **** together? No, that wouldn't surprise me. 

But if I pretend to be some kind of insider and make a whole story around what I suspect, that makes me a fake and/or a liar. 

Schwerk

I still feel the 'fault' lies in the title. If it wasn't called ARTPOP I think people would not be so hard on her. But she already announced the title so there was no way back, even when the album and it's concept changed tremendously, leaving Gaga forcing herself to 'justify' it's titles suggested experimental nature.

I agree.

There's nothing more entertaining than seeing fans claiming that gay-ish, rave lite pop songs are risky or experimental. 

What is experimental anymore? Plucking a banjo with your little toe whilst tickling a baby? 

Gaga is taking big risks for a popqueen. She's not in constant struggle with her label and former management for no reason. Many of her songs are not easy to understand for the GP, unlike what pop essentially is meant to do, catering to the masses.

To me the concept of ARTPOP is not that different to her as an artist. She is trying to bring imagery, sound, concepts and ways of working commonly associated with 'authentic' 'serieus' genres like rock, soul, singer-songwriter to the world op popmusic. She wants people to take pop seriously and she doesn't do it by singing silly lovesongs. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

gagaisitalian

The whole "this album wasn't for the charts" was their defense because it didn't do well on the charts.

I love the album, but I was annoyed for most of the era because of them clearly lying and backtracking on everything the album was. 

It was a mess. Time to let it RIP.

What is experimental anymore? Plucking a banjo with your little toe whilst tickling a baby? 

omg I love you Marjol :sharon: 

Gaga is taking big risks for a popqueen. She's not in constant struggle with her label and former management for no reason. Many of her songs are not easy to understand for the GP, unlike what pop essentially is meant to do, catering to the masses.

To me the concept of ARTPOP is not that different to her as an artist. She is trying to bring imagery, sound, concepts and ways of working commonly associated with 'authentic' 'serieus' genres like rock, soul, singer-songwriter to the world op popmusic. She wants people to take pop seriously and she doesn't do it by singing silly lovesongs. 

23ONsHl.jpg

FreePalestine

Archived