Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The misunderstandings of the "ARTPOP" concept are hilarious

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

Whispering

Nah sorry. I know the interview was in 2014 but I have no idea when, she did a lot of them. She was ranting about how her music in the past has been mishandled and she hasn't had control over the way her vocals and mixes come out. Then in reference to her most recent album she was describing frantically calling engineers at the last minute and asking why the levels had been changed and why this and that was buried, etc.

Propagaga talked about it on Popjustice a while back and said the actual recording and mixing process for ARTPOP was incredibly rushed and last-minute (which is funny since a lot of fans think she was working on it for way too long and that's why it came out wrong), and that there was total communication breakdown between the various engineering camps, and that Gaga was rushing to make changes to songs to please her label and fans (she had fans camping outside the recording studio and she would ask them for advice lol). She was in an incredibly insecure state of mind and her whole career and schedule had been mismanaged for 2 years straight at this point, she had almost no time to actually do the album right, let alone the era. It was all in the Lady Gaga thread.

And this person knows all of this inside information, how? I don't believe any of this. 

I would like to see links and proff of all this that you are claiming. Otherwise, you are piecing together a bunch of information that you think you heard two years ago. Things get list in translation and these "insiders" are not reliable sources. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

And in my opinion, you're an ugly fat troll :)

We are all entitled to our opinions. :)

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

We are all entitled to our opinions. :)

Yes we are, now don't quote me again, I don't talk to trolls

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

JusKeepBreathin

I'm fabulous and you're not :sara:

You already been quoted with the original post. lol When you give shade be prepared to receive it. The mess of a thread was shade. Have a wonderful day.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

XoXoJoanneGaga

And this person knows all of this inside information, how? I don't believe any of this. 

I would like to see links and proff of all this that you are claiming. Otherwise, you are piecing together a bunch of information that you think you heard two years ago. Things get list in translation and these "insiders" are not reliable sources. 

I'm kind of shocked this site doesn't seem to know about PropaGaga, given the 30-page threads they'll dedicate to fake twitter insiders and troll accounts. PropaGaga is literally the only reliable insider who is actually in contact with Gaga's team and works with them. They're well-known on ATRL (how I originally heard of them) but they only post on popjustice because it's the only mature pop forum, their username is mindtrappa. I guess they don't want to be known on this site due to the maturity levels and they've done a good job of that clearly :rip: 

Everything they say is trustworthy and everything in my above post can be found in the Lady Gaga thread on popjustice. You can search through the thread if you like, the posts were about a month ago, not two years (how on earth did you get that).

You already been quoted with the original post. lol When you give shade be prepared to receive it. The mess of a thread was shade. Have a wonderful day.

Go away you absolute loser tbh, if you thought it was shade then please re-evaluate you life 

You started with me and my flawless hair so this is my last response to you, why are you so mad and bitter?

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Whispering

I'm kind of shocked this site doesn't seem to know about PropaGaga, given the 30-page threads they'll dedicate to fake twitter insiders and troll accounts. PropaGaga is literally the only reliable insider who is actually in contact with Gaga's team and works with them. They're well-known on ATRL (how I originally heard of them) but they only post on popjustice because it's the only mature pop forum, their username is mindtrappa. I guess they don't want to be known on this site due to the maturity levels and they've done a good job of that clearly :rip: 

Everything they say is trustworthy and everything in my above post can be found in the Lady Gaga thread on popjustice. You can search through the thread if you like, the posts were about a month ago, not two years (how on earth did you get that).

I don't believe these "insiders". You've based your assessment and comments over what some random person, who is an "insider", is claiming? Anyone can be an anonymous insider. I'm not buying it. 

Is Propagaga still around? I remember when they first opened, and they had all this information, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

3 points in and ready for more

In response to the OP, I personally feel like a lot of her own personal interpretation of ARTPOP as a "creative rebellion" of sorts was definitely retroactive. I like to designate them as ARTPOP 1.0 and 2.0- you can definitely see the shift of her promotional and interpretive ideals of the album after the whole ****show ordeal that was everything from the start of ARTPOP up to December 2013.

Is the information from Propagaga legit? I honestly wouldn't doubt that, because, all considering what she has said about there being a discrepancy with her creative MO's versus what actually went into the creation of the record itself, it seems plausible.

Though, on another note, I think Gaga deserves a little more credit in terms of risk taking and releasing. Bad Romance is a weird song and is definitely one of her more "risky" releases (in retrospect- now, it seems as if so many other songs released after diluted its uniqueness by sense of contriving), but imo Born This Way was her biggest risk lyrically, and Judas thematically, and maybe even Marry the Night structurally (I mean, it's not the most oddball song out there but it's definitely more convoluted than a typical pop song).

That said, I agree that ARTPOP's releases were relatively tame, in the context of the bigger picture. And it makes sense, as you said- for it to be the driving connection between art as a "higher form" and art as the "mainstream", it had to be commercially viable.

3 points in and ready for more

JusKeepBreathin

Well its nice to know that ARTPOP is still talked about on pop forums two yeas after its release. On another topic it hard to argue with you when you have that avatar up. lol

XoXoJoanneGaga

I don't believe these "insiders". You've based your assessment and comments over what some random person, who is an "insider", is claiming? Anyone can be an anonymous insider. I'm not buying it. 

Yes anyone can fake being an insider, 99% are fake, that doesn't mean there are no legitimate ones. You're using your ignorance on the topic to try and invalidate my whole post, which doesn't work. Everyone who actually knows of PropaGaga knows they're a real insider who has actually worked alongside Gaga's management. That's also why you won't find them spilling stuff on Twitter for everyone to see.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Is Propagaga still around? I remember when they first opened, and they had all this information, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

Yea they only post info on Popjustice now, under the name mindtrappa. Check the Lady Gaga thread if you like, just yesterday they were talking about how Gaga's ARTPOP instagram posts were subtle shade towards Miley, and that she's been doing stuff like that for years lol

Whispering

Yes anyone can fake being an insider, 99% are fake, that doesn't mean there are no legitimate ones. You're using your ignorance on the topic to try and invalidate my whole post, which doesn't work. Everyone who actually knows of PropaGaga knows they're a real insider who has actually worked alongside Gaga's management. That's also why you won't find them spilling stuff on Twitter for everyone to see.

Still don't believe them. People can have a couple of connections and know one or two general parts of information and then they build on that of start and start adding to it. I'm not trusting these anonymous insiders, that claim to know a lot of inside information, like they worked with some artist daily. I'm not buying that this "insider" has the information that they are claiming to have. I don't believe it. 

Whispering

Yea they only post info on Popjustice now, under the name mindtrappa. Check the Lady Gaga thread if you like, just yesterday they were talking about how Gaga's ARTPOP instagram posts were subtle shade towards Miley, and that she's been doing stuff like that for years lol

See...here is an example. How would they know this? Did they personally talk to Gaga two days ago and she told him that she was about to send out some tweets and the exact meaning of those tweets? 

This is an opinion, nothing more from this person. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

See...here is an example. How would they know this? Did they personally talk to Gaga two days ago and she told him that she was about to send out some tweets and the exact meaning of those tweets? 

This is an opinion, nothing more from this person. 

Because they have close contact with various Gaga team members, including ones whose Twitter accounts Gaga has personally used to shade people without getting caught. It's not like this kind of information is kept on lockdown within camps, especially since most of the stuff in question happened years ago, things come out over time. It's completely different for people on the inside of the industry than it is for fans on the outside looking in. Fake insiders are generally the kind of people who are lucky enough to get one piece of info, run with it, and then keep up a charade until they get caught. They're also the attention *****s. Anyone who's been in this fanbase for a while has seen a boatload of those and should be able to tell the difference.

Archived