Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is MJ the greatest artist of all time?

Quark

Featured Posts

Elvis Presley says hello.

While he is the only solo artist that is arguably close, or as famous, I don't think he has as big of an impact on music. Specially now. On the other hand MJ style of music, and dancing, and singing is still present now.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusian

While he is the only solo artist that is arguably close, or as famous, I don't think he has as big of an impact on music. Specially now. On the other hand MJ style of music, and dancing, and singing is still present now.

almost every nale artist that is relevant are inspured by mj , the weeknd , bruno mars , justin timberlake etc 

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Fiona Apple

hes anything but overrated

Ow really? :awkney: He has sold hundreds of millions of albums and I hardly like 3-4 songs from his whole discography..That makes him the most overrated artist in the history of music FOR ME

madonna is close to michael too 

:toofunny: 

MJ only had 3 or 4 really great albums. Lots of artists have written more great songs and had a longer career. Prince was more innovative as a studio musician and songwriter.

As for his influence, how is that black music was totally taken over by rap and slow R&B post-90, but nobody wanted to be like Mike? MJ and Prince are better seen as the peak of a trend running from James Brown and Motown through 70's funk, than an influencer of future trends.

No, Gaga is.

I think that Gaga is the only one right now that has the potential to be like MJ simply because of her x factor, talents, and creativity. But she is simply not there yet.

venusian

Ow really? :awkney: He has sold hundreds of millions of albums and I hardly like 3-4 songs from his whole discography..That makes him the most overrated artist in the history of music FOR ME

then you have a bad taste in music bc hes inspired pretty much every artist that is relevant now

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Warholian

Likely. I don't think there's a single artist in history that's had a reach and impact as MJ did other than possibly some classical composers for their influence on composition stylings. Highest selling album of all time, greatest dancer of all time, pioneer of the music video, complete artistic and creative control. He revolutionized what it meant to be a celebrity all the while putting out some of the biggest songs of the 20th century. 

Also, just wondering to the people that are saying that they barely like anything in MJ's discography, have you listened to his full discography? It's near impossible to say that there's only 3 or 4 songs that you enjoy when this man put out dozens of massive hits over 4 decades, as well as working with the greatest producers and writers of all time. 

If you're going to say this man isn't the greatest of all time you're going to have to give someone who exceeds him, someone who I seriously don't think exists. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Bellatrix

then you have a bad taste in music bc hes inspired pretty much every artist that is relevant now

There's so such thing as bad taste in music. Nothing is right and nothing is wrong. Everyone has different taste.

Archived