đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VH1: Teenage Dream is the most important pop album of the past 10 years

Kacey Elizabeth

Featured Posts

It also mentioned that when Gaga dominated with The Fame Monster, dance and popular music became dark and full of symbolism, and Teenage Dream changed that with it being playful, fun, sweet, and colorful. Whereas Michael Jackson's Thriller came out when popular music wasn't dark or Halloween like. 

Vastly oversimplified. Katy's Firework was a self-empowerment song, Teenage Dream and ET videos were hardly light and frothy.

Gaga started off fun from Just Dance to Love Game, Rihanna's music was more fun and light in 2007-08 than in 2010-11, so you can't say Katy moved pop in a particular direction.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brooke Hoegan

I failed to find in that article what is important about that album

sure, it's a great and fun record, but what makes it important to pop music ?

Didymus

Actually, before the release of Firework, there weren't much empowering songs which had huge success and support in mainstream music. After Firework, more self-empowering songs were released and dominated the charts. 

You're lying. You have to know you're lying :rip: That's simply not true.

Self-empowerment pop songs as commercial successes are clearly still in popular memory ever since the 80's.

I'M SCREAMING! NOT YOU COPYING THE EXACT THING I SAID ABOUT TAYLOR ON ANOTHER THRED AND NOW YOU'RE USING IT TO 'DRAG ME'. BRJEHSIDENEJ 

T14hzeHb8BFHW.gif

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Redstreak

T14hzeHb8BFHW.gif

EDIT  : This post has been removed, due to a copyright claim. Details: ©2015 KEP Rights Management, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Jesse Pinkman

Its a historic pop album for sure, but I wouldn't say it's the most important. The Fame holds that title because there wouldn't even be a Teenage Dream if it was never released and that's a fact. 

It's science, bitch

Kacey Elizabeth

What truth though? :flop: You can't even clearly delineate why the article says it's the most important pop album of the past 10 years (because the article doesn't even say that lmao).

So don't call us out when you didn't even seem to have understood the article.

I don't need to. I posted the link and the article explains it. Maybe you're the one who hasn't understood the article. Nice try, jan.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Didymus

I don't need to. I posted the link and the article explains it. Maybe you're the one who hasn't understood the article. Nice try, jan.

I read it twice :emma: I already read it when someone sent it to me this morning.

I will repeat myself: it's a review. It goes on and on about how great the songs are (using perfectly subjective language), mentions how the album brought a gleeful breeze to pop music (which is true for that year) and mentions the commercial success (leaving out the part where the critics bashed it of course).

This review is wrapped in the sentence at the top: "Teenage Dream saved pop music". This is never explained in the article. It also says that the album could be compared to Thriller, only because of its commercial success (stupid - they're even different genres) and because the reviewer (or should I say fan) thinks that every single song is amazing.

That's literally it.

So yeah. You need to.

Kacey Elizabeth

You're lying. You have to know you're lying :rip: That's simply not true.

Self-empowerment pop songs as commercial successes are clearly still in popular memory ever since the 80's.

Self-empowerment songs were trendy and successful at times, but not as much in 2007-2010 (if they were at all in those times). 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Deny?

Give me one good reason why it marks a transition :flop:

The article isn't even an a--lysis of why it's important, it's a review written by a fan who's convinced that album is the cream of the crop. Everything in there is subjective and overthrown by the critics' consensus in 2010 (and god knows the music didn't get fresher until now).

I enjoy TD as a pop album but omg. Saying I'm "denying" its iconic status of global, historical importance is hilarious.

Sure Jan. If that's what helps you to sleep at night.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Didymus

Sure Jan. If that's what helps you to sleep at night.

I actually put effort in my posts in this thread.

If that's all you can do to refute me (because I make good points) then thank you for helping me to show the rest of the thread's users that your opinion on this matter is absolutely valueless :sara:

Kacey Elizabeth

Vastly oversimplified. Katy's Firework was a self-empowerment song, Teenage Dream and ET videos were hardly light and frothy.

Gaga started off fun from Just Dance to Love Game, Rihanna's music was more fun and light in 2007-08 than in 2010-11, so you can't say Katy moved pop in a particular direction.

Gaga's Just Dance and LoveGame, or Rihanna's music from 2007-2008 weren't as silly, playful, sweet, or colorful as TD's material was.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

super ultra

Actually, before the release of Firework, there weren't much empowering songs which had huge success and support in mainstream music. After Firework, more self-empowering songs were released and dominated the charts. 

:rip:  just to mention a few: Beautiful, Express Yourself

Kacey Elizabeth

People who continue to question TD's importance and impact in pop music and it's transition in it, we'll see in the coming years. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived