đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you basic if you're a fan of Lady Gaga?

yASSsss

Featured Posts

LePetitGAGABLover

Off-topic: This new emoticon is tragic, it looks like a girl tries to read someone's mind :saladga: Better was to keep the old one, this is pure tragic.

On-topic: No you aren't basic, you are special.

OMG I LITERALLY don't use GGD for a week because of school and I return to see these tragic emoticons. Messss!!!!!!!!!! :emma::fail::toofunny::flop:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swordstalker

No, I don't think so. I may be (read as: definitely am) biased when I say this, but Gaga is only ~20% music. The rest (fashion, theatrics, performances, music videos etc.) is what makes her unique among the mainstream pop acts. Feel free to correct me. So while the GP may consider her electropop singles basic, I think her "antics", fashion, etc. (the things that us stans pay attention to on a day-to-day basis) make her a fascinating, unique and NOT basic.

VforVendetta

No, because I also listen to other genres.

I think Gaga is definitely considered basic because mainstream music is becoming more and more alternative and experimental. And Gaga has always been more easily digestible compared to successful rock/hip hop artists/albums etc. so that's where that comes from.

Pop music, not Gaga. And that's the point of Pop music, there is no need for it to change. All music gernes have a different part to play in music culture.

Didymus

Pop music, not Gaga. And that's the point of Pop music, there is no need for it to change. All music gernes have a different part to play in music culture.

Should I edit my post or are people gonna keep coming for an opinion that I clearly present as not being my own? :Chica:

That's exactly what I meant anyway.

VforVendetta

Should I edit my post or are people gonna keep coming for an opinion that I clearly present as not being my own? :Chica:

That's exactly what I meant anyway.

I didn;r read the rest o fthe thread tbh, but I didn't come for you anyway, don't worry...

Ladey Gagz

From non-gaga stans' perspective, I think so. Most of her smash singles are generic bops. But her performances are another story

Why are you so obsessed with Katy :smh:

SychosSoChic

Basic? No.

It means you're gay :lolgaga: 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

yASSsss

yaaas we all know you like katy

just admit it already :hunty:

eww no :wtf: 

i listen to ET and Dark Horse tho when no one is around .. :pray: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

yASSsss

When did I say I thought the same though?

I definitely don't :rip: But is she basic (as in: musical composition) compared to my absolute favorite artists? Yes. I don't consider there to be anything wrong with that though.

who are ur other faves,i'd like to know and then i'll decide :sis: 

yASSsss

did you just compare this fanbase to katycats and 1D ?:saladga:

i would never do that in a million years :rip: 

Didymus

who are ur other faves,i'd like to know and then i'll decide :sis: 

Opeth, Dead Can Dance, Lupe Fiasco, Sunn O))), Sigh and Kanye West.

yASSsss

From non-gaga stans' perspective, I think so. Most of her smash singles are generic bops. But her performances are another story

Hidden Content

i'm not obsessed...she was the first one who came into my mind when i thought about basic artists :neyde: ....but i added 1D in the list too cuz i didn't want people to think that i'm obsessed with her but i guess they already did :neyde: 

yASSsss

Opeth, Dead Can Dance, Lupe Fiasco, Sunn O))), Sigh and Kanye West.

i've never heard about these artists except Kanye :emma: ......Kanye's muisc is definately better,so i guess i'll just agree with u :wtfga:

Archived