Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was ARTPOP overhyped?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

Amongst fans - yes, but that was largely our own fault making up bogus theories and concepts and expecting TFM 2.0, like the infamous decay of the blonde pop star to justify the negative media attention she got :emma: do y'all remember the theories about CLLG and the mess of a fan asking her backstage if her sh!tty image and her decay/backlash was planned and she said no :emma:.

in the general public - no, it was underpromoted and underhyped

But can you blame us? :rip: 

We were just so excited for new Gaga,and she's the one who started the decay of the blonde mess in one of those interviews. :deadbanana: 

Honestly, that period of ARTPOP was more fun than most of the era..

It's science, bitch

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I agree but it's still not overhyping. :rofl:

Yes it is tho :awkney:

I mean, it's not even all about projects that didn't come true. Haus of Gaga promised a new era for the entire music industry, saying that Gaga would now be in full control. And ironically, this era turned out into its opposite :rip: It's like TIDAL. It's overhyping. For sure.

VforVendetta

ARTPOP had hype outside the fanbase for sure. Not as much as BTW because she didn't announce it at the VMA's, nor was she the biggest star on the planet anymore. But it had hype... I kinda see what you're saying. A lot of factors went into why ARTPOP went down the way it did. Hype was just one small factor.

Yes but it had ok type of hype. Hype is not a bad thing when it's on good proportions, the lack of hype is worrying tbh.

VforVendetta

Yes it is tho :awkney:

I mean, it's not even all about projects that didn't come true. Haus of Gaga promised a new era for the entire music industry, saying that Gaga would now be in full control. And ironically, this era turned out into its opposite :rip: It's like TIDAL. It's overhyping. For sure.

Yes that's a mess but it's not overhyping because she didn't say big words that she knew that never happened. This just didn;t rutn out that way because of many problems that occured. Call it a betrayal or something but it was had nothing to do with hype.

Didymus

she did, she explained it as in short- messy management and she did not want to be affiliated with projects Troy helped or arranged for the era for her.

She did, but it was already way too late then. And if the app, the masterpiece of this era, was an idea she wasn't even fond of, she shouldn't have brought it up in like 2012 during Fame perfume interviews either, promising an innovative network that would push her entire career into a next level.

I'm not even blaming her & I'm totally over ARTPOP and its failures but I don't see why you have to bend your mind into ridiculous ways just to defend Gaga or something. The era and its promises were completely overblown, I really don't understand how you couldn't agree with that.

Didymus

Yes that's a mess but it's not overhyping because she didn't say big words that she knew that never happened. This just didn;t rutn out that way because of many problems that occured. Call it a betrayal or something but it was had nothing to do with hype.

Yes she did :dies: She already talked about the ****ing app in 2012. Do your research. She wanted us to expect an absolute lifechanger, saying that the ARTPOP era as a whole would be the a new beginning in her career, how is that not overhyping when we got 10% of what she promised us, even if she's not to blame for it?

If she knew in like the beginning of 2013 that nothing she promised would come true, she should've spoken up THEN to break her overhyping spell. But she didn't. So I'm calling it overhyping, for sure.

gagzus

But can you blame us? :rip: 

We were just so excited for new Gaga,and she's the one who started the decay of the blonde mess in one of those interviews. :deadbanana: 

Honestly, that period of ARTPOP was more fun than most of the era..

I admit I enjoyed 2012 more than I did the AP era, but she only stated it like once or twice and we jumped on the bandwagon, then Princess Die happened and we took that as evidence even though she said the album was NOTHING like PD and then people made up bogus theories about why she was doing d--gs, why she was being a b---h and why she was hanging out with Lindsay Lohan and stuff like that. Then it all blew up in our faces really, the only concept she talked about on the album before the one we got was the "disney princess in a rave" aesthetic.

VforVendetta

The problem with AP was that it disappointed us, she promised us total slayage and then she flopped. And the songs got old fast. It definitely was overhyped though, with the whole "phoenix rising from the ashes" and "album of the century" claims. 

The album of the century claim was funny and ironic because of the original BTW claim, let's not. The phoenux rising of the ashes is a concept of the work, it had nothing to with hype unless Gaga is truly a flaming bird. :emma:

VforVendetta

Yes she did :dies: She already talked about the ****ing app in 2012. Do your research.

If I recall she was talking in general about how she wanted to make an App that would make her music a whole new experience. She didn't talk about AP back then  and we didn't make these assumptions before the official announcement that we got above.

Jesse Pinkman

I admit I enjoyed 2012 more than I did the AP era, but she only stated it like once or twice and we jumped on the bandwagon, then Princess Die happened and we took that as evidence even though she said the album was NOTHING like PD and then people made up bogus theories about why she was doing d--gs, why she was being a b---h and why she was hanging out with Lindsay Lohan and stuff like that. Then it all blew up in our faces really, the only concept she talked about on the album before the one we got was the "disney princess in a rave" aesthetic.

I know... It ewas so sad, but idk if its just from nostalgia but man that was so much fun. :rip:  I remember when she said ARTPOP was supposed to be gay Chicago trap, and the Azealia collab, and Ratchet with Beyoncè.. :giveup: 

Also the endless Andy Warhol theories. :flutter: And Disney Princess High sounded incredible. Then I remember Tara said that it was supposed to sound like Stache..

We haven't had a chance to do that with LG5.

It's science, bitch

Creyk

no it was poorly promoted

I like to think this is true - certainly to G.U.Y - but at the same time, she was on SNL, GMA twice, AMA, VMA, Talk shows, Muppets, SXSW, and the Katy rivalry gave her constant (negative) promo too....she was definitely in the public's mind

gagzus

She did, but it was already way too late then. And if the app, the masterpiece of this era, was an idea she wasn't even fond of, she shouldn't have brought it up in like 2012 during Fame perfume interviews either, promising an innovative network that would push her entire career into a next level.

I'm not even blaming her & I'm totally over ARTPOP and its failures but I don't see why you have to bend your mind into ridiculous ways just to defend Gaga or something. The era and its promises were completely overblown, I really don't understand how you couldn't agree with that.

the only failures the era had was the promises she broke but those weren't entirely her fault (although I still say she should've fired troy back when he never cared about her breaking her hip) the music was still good and it still competed with it's competitors and gave us 2 (technically 3 if we're going off charts alone) hit singles. I'm getting bored of fans trashing the era, dislike it yes but don't trash what was musically up to par.

I agree, her promises were overblown, but as were her promises for Born This Way such as singles, videos, various versions of songs, concepts etc etc but it doesn't make ARTPOP itself bad. People need to separate a respective era from an album like seriously.

danwasd

So, in your opinion, saying ARTPOP would be "the album of the millenium" isn't pretentious at all? :reductive2:

VforVendetta

no it was poorly promoted

Not just poorly, it was awfuly promoted. :smh:

Applause was never promoted in Europe/Aus not even for a single performance and it was a lead single.

Archived