Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will LG5 contain metal?

Quark

Featured Posts

I think her new album will definitely have some hints of rock, metal, and some pop, too.  I expect to hear songs like Marry The Night, You and I, The Edge of Glory, and Electric Chapel.  We'll also get some ballads, for sure.

The fact of the matter is, we really don't know and will find out once she drops her album.   :party:

sounds like everything I want from Gaga :flutter: 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

who knows ? 

Though remember when Gaga said BTW would include metal ? hum yeah... :rip:

she never said that, she said it was on the same level as stadium rock which it was

gagzus

Well, when I said hints I should've said mentions. She has been talking about metal bands in interviews for over a year now.

But she's been mentioning bands (one of which was a heavy metal band) as influences for TF & BTW. TF she said was influenced by The Beatles melodically, BTW was influenced by Queen, Nine-Inch Nails, Judas Priest and TF also had Glam Rock on it in BDR, DH, Again Again and Summerboy were influenced by it and obviously her older songs were mainly Glam Rock records.

I seriously doubt we're gonna get a rock record (unless it's in the vein of her old music ala Disco Heaven and BDR), maybe we'll get one rock sounding song on the album like we normally do but i doubt she'll make an entire record because it's not a popular worldwide genre now, I think there's more evidence to suggest she's doing Disco and Electro-Pop personally. If she did she'd only have local success as well tbh because it's only the U.S. that's still really into rock records now because all of Europe is into House and some R&B, not sure about Oceania and Asia tho tbh. 

I think if she were to follow trends, she'd make House and Electro-Pop but if she wanted to go against trends now would be the time to revive Disco since it's been growing in popularity slowly this decade like Dance was last decade when she released TF.

This is just my opinion and from evidence i've seen of course, so don't take it as gospel.

Didymus

But she's been mentioning bands (one of which was a heavy metal band) as influences for TF & BTW. TF she said was influenced by The Beatles melodically, BTW was influenced by Queen, Nine-Inch Nails, Judas Priest and TF also had Glam Rock on it in BDR, DH, Again Again and Summerboy were influenced by it and obviously her older songs were mainly Glam Rock records.

I'm aware. I still felt like this past year we got more. I don't say that means anything, my observation ends there :yes: And that's tough for me 'cause I'm like dying for her to do a rock/metal record :rip: But yeah I know that's not happening anytime soon.

gagzus

I'm aware. I still felt like this past year we got more. I don't say that means anything, my observation ends there :yes: And that's tough for me 'cause I'm like dying for her to do a rock/metal record :rip: But yeah I know that's not happening anytime soon.

Don't worry I'm the same with an R&B record personally, I'm dying for her to make one but I doubt it'll happen :rip: at least I have DWUW & her unreleased R&B songs like STA & No Way

Kermit the frog

I rly hope she will surprise everyone, including her own fans. Going metal wouldn't be much of a surprise + would be seen as another gimmick. 

If she wants acclaim, she needs to evolve in what she's already doing.

MelbHawker

No chance.

I don't think she'll ever release a metal album. I'd LOVE it, but she won't do it. I think she just appreciates and is in love with Rock / Rock Culture and the imagery, history, cults, fandoms etc.

PopBitch

Well's she's almost 30.   You can't be the next Iron Maiden unless you write and put out some heavy metal inspired albums  So she needs to get going if that's the case..  It's one thing to say you have influences  metal, in your pop music but to say she wants to be known as the next Iron Maiden, you kind of have to put your money where your mouth is and take a complete left turn in your career for that to happen.  I don't see it happening.  She will just use elements of it at times in her music or performance.

who knows ? 

Though remember when Gaga said BTW would include metal ? hum yeah... :rip:

She did say BTW would incude metal, but she was talking more about Metal influences. And the album did have those with songs like Judas, Electric Chapel, Government Hooker, ect. But this time around she is claiming that she wants to be the next Iron Maiden. And for that she really needs to make some metal songs.

Shaney

inb4 she's making Katy think she's putting out a metal record so Katy puts out a metal record too and Gaga slays the charts with her RedOne bops

Archived