💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP's cover is underrated

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think ARTPOP's cover is underrated. In my opinion, this is the best cover in Gaga's discography and one of the best album covers period. This cover is vibrant, unique, and if fits the title of the album perfectly (a true mix between art and pop). 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lordgagx

It looks amazing physically, but it literally looks atrocious digitally.

I couldn't say it better:reductive2:

Didymus

The basic concept is amazing but I just dislike the execution. The reference to two of the most famous artworks of all time is just awkward, lazy and disappointing for me and I don't like the way her legs look. So unreal, too much of a disconnect with her face.

Imo there have been fan edits of the cover that really showed the potential of the design without the ridiculous execution. For example:

44zgKs8.jpgLadyGaga_ArtPop_Cover_Remix_Dustrial_Ctr

tumblr_mvjuetoM6P1qjndllo1_400.png506562548_700.png

But, basically I would've thought the original was perfect if she chose different artworks or just anything different from that particular painting/statue for the blizzard effect thing. The fact that you can see the room in the ball is my favorite thing about it and that's missing in all of the fan edits.

Sometimes I find myself wishing she released hundreds of different covers.

Robinladen

It looks amazing physically, but it literally looks atrocious digitally.

I kinda agree. It looks too full/messy online.

crisTEAne

i agree. koons said that the gazing ball reflects a form of transcendence and underlines the cultural dialogue between art and pop. it is perfect in every possible sense.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Warholian

Second best to the timeless simplicity of The Fame.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Quasi

I love it. It's creative and vibrant. It's instantly recognized amongst a sea of bland pop album covers. Everything is so strategically placed as to provide the maximum eye candy and it shows Gaga is still taking risks and isn't afraid to show what she wants. I'll forever love the cover and I desperately want a poster of it in my room. :wao:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Head Empty

I mean, I can appreciate the fact that it's a very good representation of the philosophy behind the album. But visually it just rubs me the wrong way :sweat:.

It works a lot better without the intrusive/distorted font:

25sof8i.jpg

But I suppose that the intrusive and somewhat messy nature of the font was all intended by Gaga, so I can't really argue with that. As I said, it fits the philosophy of the album and I respect that creative decision. It's just a little unsettling for someone like me who likes visuals to be a bit more clean, structured and polished :sweat:.

Archived