Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will do well if LG5's lead single is of this nature?

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DietCoke

I don't want her to stay stagnant in her career, I want her to grow. That was my problem with ARTPOP, I think. It was too similar to her past work. I like when she evolves. 

I would personally want her music to be more powerful than acoustic, laid back songs. I would really enjoy and think a paparazzi-esque song would be a hit. Mid-tempo. 

Bradley

I don't want her to stay stagnant in her career, I want her to grow. That was my problem with ARTPOP, I think. It was too similar to her past work. I like when she evolves. 

I would personally want her music to be more powerful than acoustic, laid back songs. I would really enjoy and think a paparazzi-esque song would be a hit. Mid-tempo. 

I agree but I don't see how ARTPOP is similar to her previous endeavors.

DietCoke

A Carole KIng-esque ballad could work if given a modern production treatment + the GAGA touch, but I could also see it backfiring with the GP because I feel like a lot of people could easily say she's just following mid-tempo track artists like Lorde and Sam Smith to keep up with the times.

I would say that if she continues with dance music right now, she needs to get with House and/or Trance music ASAP because more and more I'm hearing those sounds incorporated into pop music ("Living For Love," most of Adam Lambert's new album, etc.)

But at the same time, I feel like she needs to go one step ahead of that trend because if she does end up releasing somewhere in 2016 or even later than that it might already be too late and that trend could already have reached it's height and be on the decline. When ARTPOP came out in late 2013, it felt a little late in a way because EDM was beginning to decline in popularity soon after, and that's what a lot of ARTPOP incorporates musically.

If she really wants to slay I think she really needs to put out a series of singles with a "trademark" sound to them, something that offers something new rather than a better take than most on whatever is going on in pop music currently.

wow, this would actually be so cool!! A lot of pop songs are trance influenced! I can see some trance in the weeknd and Adam lambert's sound. Plus, FKA Twigs is quickly growing in popularity. 

DietCoke

I agree but I don't see how ARTPOP is similar to her previous endeavors.

for me, it was too similar in the sense that it's sound was still edm. A few songs stand out, but others kinda melded w each other. 

I think I meant to say it was too predictable. Sorry for not phrasing it correctly. 

Slayer

I'm here for a TEOG/Gypsy type of song, but with real instruments only.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

I want the next album to sound like something I've never heard before. I really want her to experiment with different genres and instruments.

Sister

If it is a power ballad and lead single, it must be epic and an ear worm that stays long with you after it has ended, because Gaga has to have a powerful lead single, attention grabbing. Gaga goes BIG.

It can't be sappy and sweet, like Gypsy, for example.  A song like Gypsy must come later as a release, in my opinion.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Radio Ga Ga

RedOne can happen in singles #2 and #3. The reason why the single #1 was reserved for a ballad is to reduce of the chances of the song failing, because lead singles are easier to succeed.

That's not easy to say with Gaga's next album. She washed away her image and people kinda forgot about her, so in a way she is starting fresh. She needs to come back with something big to get back popularity, and redone can help her do that

TimisaMonster

RedOne can happen in singles #2 and #3. The reason why the single #1 was reserved for a ballad is to reduce of the chances of the song failing, because lead singles are easier to succeed.

So a boring ballad is gonna have more of a chance being #1 when the GP and fans expect utter pop slayage? :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Jewels n Drugs

A perfect way to rerelease Gypsy as the lead :lmao:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

forslayage

no. she will not be popular, and never will be unless it's pop. because the world is filled with teens who love meaningless pop music, they don't care/don't realize about the message of any songs at all. Nice beat, pop? Perfect. Also the radio, even if she somehow did get number 1, most stations would avoid it because all they like is pop. 

This isn't a good thing. 

ryhanna

no if she wants success this is the last thing that she needs

the world needs to old good gaga that slayed the world with jams like Bad Romance, Poker Face and Just Dance

The world needs, or fans want?

I find it a little surprising that people so easily say this kind of thing when Cheek to Cheek and the Oscars performance have brought her so much praise, respect and positive press. "The world" apparently likes more that just the old Gaga.

Bradley

for me, it was too similar in the sense that it's sound was still edm. A few songs stand out, but others kinda melded w each other. 

I think I meant to say it was too predictable. Sorry for not phrasing it correctly. 

I think ARTPOP is more hardcore than The Fame in terms of electronic sound. The Fame was dance-pop and synth-pop but ARTPOP was real EDM, like those kind of DJ sh1t but with the difference of a female performer and producer (I'm so proud to say this because Gaga actually produces her own music). Anyway, I somehow get your point.

Bradley

If it is a power ballad and lead single, it must be epic and an ear worm that stays long with you after it has ended, because Gaga has to have a powerful lead single, attention grabbing. Gaga goes BIG.

It can't be sappy and sweet, like Gypsy, for example.  A song like Gypsy must come later as a release, in my opinion.

Yeah, I think Gypsy is a little overrated and it's not that catchy, like you need several listens before you can hum the song correctly.

Archived