Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is America Turning on Taylor Swift?

craig

Featured Posts

Bleachella

Im ready for ha '2007 brit meltdown era' or worst, gonna be fun to watch

5afPvoc.gif

You're actually disgusting. You're hoping that she has a traumatic breakdown, because you don't like her as a person/music? Grow the **** up, reported.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

History repeats itself. It has happened with Madonna, Whitney, Britney, and now it is happening to Gaga and for sure it will happen to Katy and Taylor. People that stay on #1 for too long become hated. And they disappear. And then they make a big comeback and become legends.

Inb4 Gaga never makes the comeback.:neyde: 

(though I feel that C2C is already a big part of the comeback so she is halfway there)

Spock

Poor Taylor. She is so lost. Tsk tsk...

Taylor has become the fame monster. An overexposed monster of fame. Tragic.

giphy.gif

who will love me when the night is over

Inb4 Gaga never makes the comeback.:neyde: 

Hidden Content

SHHHHHH

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RainingOnMe

I think so. We've had just enough of her money grubbing bullcrap. People are finally starting to open their eyes to see the real her, all she wants is money..

Whispering

Im ready for ha '2007 brit meltdown era' or worst, gonna be fun to watch

I know you hate Taylor and all, and that's entirely your right, but comments like this are really out of line. Britney had a mental breakdown due to having an undiagnosed mental disorder. She's gone through years and years of hell to get to a stabilized and healthy place in her life. Your comment is degrading and disrespectful to Britney and to those who struggle with mental health problems.

To a certain extent, because she's so popular and the current 'it girl' means that she's an easy target to hate on just like Gaga was and Britney was before her.

History repeats itself. It has happened with Madonna, Whitney, Britney, and now it is happening to Gaga and for sure it will happen to Katy and Taylor. People that stay on #1 for too long become hated. And they disappear. And then they make a big comeback and become legends.

Yes, and we could go further back. Frank Sinatra was seen as washed up in the early 50's, until he got a plum movie role and a new record label. Elvis was passe after the 1964 British Invasion with The Beatles, but came back with a 1968 TV special. Tony Bennett's career looked dead in the 70's.

It's been 9 years since Taylor's first album, pretty much the same as from Madonna's debut to the Erotica backlash.   

Chromatislaps

Nah she'll be fine cause Gaga likes her.

all the more she will fall :green: Gagz curse is upon ha :neyde: 

StrawberryBlond

"You Belong With Me"

You're on the phone with your girlfriend
She's upset, she's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts
I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized, Taylor has become that cheerleader from her most famous early hit. Wears short skirts, hangs out with models. The cheerleader probably was a pop fan too, and the "music she doesn't like" is the country that Swift abandoned.

It's like she rose to fame and got people to trust her as an anti-Britney or anti-Gaga, and now she is the uber blonde pretty pop star.

This is my biggest gripe with the 1989 era - she's lost everything that made her famous and made her liked in the first place. If I was a fan of someone who sounded relatable to me and then gave all that up several years later to be someone very unrelatable and unattainable, I would probably stop being a fan. Taylor hasn't sung You Belong With Me on tour, I've noticed, apart from one song change in 2 cities. This song is one of her biggest ever hits, one of her most iconic and it's very pop, so it fits with the rest of the music on tour, so why won't she sing it? Because even she must realise that it's the complete opposite of the person she is now and people would be calling her out for blatantly selling out. Lyrics like "I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like," "she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts," "she wears high heels, I wear sneakers," "she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers" aren't going to work when you're singing the song on your pop music tour, dressed in a short skirt and high heels and later dressing as a cheer captain for another song. I know we grow up and our songs will obviously change to reflect that, but at what point should the line be drawn? If your whole thing, your whole reason for your success is your relatable, girl next door nature, is it wise to change it?

At least her music (albeit the genre change) has the same 'wow factor' and sense of relatability from her first album to her 5th. When you listen to a Taylor Swift song, you know it's a Taylor Swift song, unlike Carbon Copy Perry that you stan. Have a #blessed day and go let the light in. 

I know you weren't talking to me, but I just had to address this bit. Katy Perry, love or hate her voice, has a distinctive vocal sound. I know instantly when a Katy song starts to play. When Jessie J released Domino, so many people thought it was Katy singing it and even though I knew right from the start that it was Jessie who sang it, whenever I heard the song in passing, my mind would go: "Who sings this again, is it Katy?" Taylor, on the other hand, doesn't have a distinctive vocal sound. She sounded like a lot of country girls in the early days and now she sounds like any pop starlet, especially as she's just started being a proper popstar and hasn't carved out a niche long enough. And if we're talking about lyrics, she's even harder to tell apart from everyone else now. I once heard a music reviewer say that Taylor's earlier songs had her personality infused through the lyrics so much that he couldn't imagine anyone else singing them, but thought from IKYWT and onwards, that her new work was so devoid of her personality and were so generic that anyone could sing them.

DiscoHeaven23

You could write an article like this about any pop star. Pull together a few negative things about an artist over a year and voilĂ . Until the commercial performance starts dropping, this holds no legitimacy.

tumblr_inline_myoucaMdmQ1qbygev.gif

Redstreak

You could write an article like this about any pop star. Pull together a few negative things about an artist over a year and voilĂ . Until the commercial performance starts dropping, this holds no legitimacy.

tumblr_inline_myoucaMdmQ1qbygev.gif

I mean, Ariana is having a far worse backlash and I can guarantee her next era will probably be just as successful.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

JeffSwift

The delusion, lies, and ignorance. :rip::deadbanana::lmao:

EDIT: and not you having the nerve to call Katy a carbon copy when Taylor's 1989 World Tour mostly is a rip-off of The PRISMATIC World Tour. Not to mention that Taylor has lately been too Lana-esque. Take a sit. :love:

Well, I didn't see the Prismatic tour, but all I know is the 1989 tour is what the media is talking about. The prismatic tour is basically like the middle child... it's there, but no one really cares? 

SISTERV

I still feel like no one has topped Gaga's peak. I mean, Gaga has an album that sold nearly 20 million copies.  She influenced everything in her wake from 2009-2011. 

When I see Taylor sell over 30 million albums, gross $550 million in touring, cover Vogue three times, and have a single go Diamond in just 36 months, then we can talk.

Kacey Elizabeth

Well, I didn't see the Prismatic tour, but all I know is the 1989 tour is what the media is talking about. The prismatic tour is basically like the middle child... it's there, but no one really cares? 

Oh dear, The PRISMATIC World Tour started a year ago. The 1989 World Tour just started this year. It's no wonder that it is being currently talked about.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Shadow locked this topic
  • Kayla unlocked this topic

Archived