đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Success of other pop stars compared to Gaga

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

Why for example do Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, ect have about as much success or even more success than Gaga? I just think that Gaga is lightyears more talented musically and creatively than they are. How did they get and stay so popular? Most of them are only just decent singers and dancers and don't write their own songs. They probably also aren't very involved in their creative projects either.  To be fair, I also haven't spent the time to get to know and understand them better through interviews or live performances so maybe I am just ignorant? Maybe they have more input than I think?

I honestly don't get it. I don't see anything special or interesting in any other pop star except Adele, Beyonce, Madonna, and maybe a few others. I could never stan for anybody else. I just don't feel connected to any other celebrity and I don't see their talent.

Is it because they are less controversial and easier to swallow? Is it because they are conventionally more attractive than Gaga? Do they just have fantastic marketing behind them?

Im not trying to put anyone down. I am legitimately curious about these artists and I would like to learn from anyone on here who knows more about them than I do. What do people see in them?

sweet spot

Selena and Miley doesn't have more success than Gaga.

BTW, gagz is more experimental 

Didymus

I don't understand how Gaga fans think that talented people will/must automatically be more successful. Is it a secret that the most creative and talented artists usually do not enjoy any notable commercial success? No, so why is there this idea that Gaga needs to be more successful "because she deserves it" compared to others?

The music industry (the pop industry especially because even a large portion of pop fans don't ****ing care about quality) doesn't work that way. Letting that illusion go is the only sane option tbh.

The reason that "less creative" pop artists enjoy more success is because they provide what the average public wants: nice, relatable songs that are easy to sing along to. Gaga is not relatable on any obvious level and when her spark of alterity wore off, she didn't have enough easy-to-love trendy sounding earworms to continue her peak. It's as easy as that, really. The normal music listener doesn't care enough about celebrities to invest in their success like a fan does/is supposed to.

Tropico

I feel Katy is the only real adversary there.

Selena is just not that successful.

Miley is successful but not Gaga or Katy successful. 

Taylor does really well with every album but she isn't close to being as global as Katy and Gaga yet in the long run. 1989 is her debut album in some ways.

Katy is undeniably successful but where she lacks in certain areas, Gaga slays. And vice versa. Gaga is more critically acclaimed and has good touring receipts and Katy is a streaming and singles force like no other. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Bette Davis

I feel Katy is the only real adversary there.

Selena is just not that successful.

Miley is successful but not Gaga or Katy successful. 

Taylor does really well with every album but she isn't close to being as global as Katy and Gaga yet in the long run. 1989 is her debut album in some ways.

Katy is undeniably successful but where she lacks in certain areas, Gaga slays. And vice versa. Gaga is more critically acclaimed and has good touring receipts and Katy is a streaming and singles force like no other. 

Preach it :whitney: totally agree with this 100%

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

swordstalker

Their music is the definition of mainstream, is lyrically and sonically very digestible, not controversial for the most part, and very relatable. Gaga pushes boundaries in many areas, walks on the fine line of relatable and polarising that was often perceived as attention wh0ring and was cutting edge in terms of fashion and music videos. That's not to say that other mainstream artists haven't done this, but I think that these traits are a staple in Gaga's work and not in others'. Not to mention: 

None of them have had the peak Gaga had.

Gaga's superstardom in 2009/10/11 was incredible. She may not have maintained that peak, but she left a distinctive mark on pop culture that many of the pop-girls that OP mentioned didn't.

ViviLittleM

Katy just had a bigger peak this year so I don't think so. (Look at Forbes earning, Gaga never had this.)

None of them have had the peak Gaga had.

gagzus

I'm glad Gaga got what she has, i'd much rather music with amazing music videos, a tour i genuinely love going to and to hear her own idols and recognised music and fashion critics praising her. 

mariomania1234

Katy just had a bigger peak this year so I don't think so. (Look at Forbes earning, Gaga never had this.)

That has nothing to do with impact or peaks though.

Barbados

None of them will touch Gaga's iconic status and respectability within the music industry 

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

Archived