💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would Aura have been more successful than Applause as a lead single?

Warholian

Featured Posts

Spock

I love the song, but it got dragged left and right when it leaked, so it would have been a disaster as a lead single imo.

But she did say in that radio interview that the Telephone continuation was in ARTPOP, and Aura fits it to a T so I'm sure it was planned as a single down the line. But then the era went south

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

Not chartwise, but I still think it should've been the lead single since it is a better song.

GagaUnderYou

If Beyoncè was apart of the song in any way, it would have been successful. Telephone is probably one of Gaga's most generic songs but because Beyoncè is on it, everyone loves it. A video with another artist usually is greatly more popular than others, Aura would have done well. 

VersaceKing

God no. Radio wouldn't touch that song

When it was "leaked" several radio stations started playing the leaked version, and it also charted on billboard

1blueshe

I could see her releasing it as a single and then getting remixed by someone and the remix going number 1 on the radio. Like a remix with just the chorus and some of the verse with a more mainstream beat. 

Aura had potential because it sounded different than everything else on the radio. 

Applause was the safe choice, but when Gaga plays it safe she flops. No one is here for genericga, literally every other pop star does generic better than Gaga.

People would've been more excited about Aura. It would've gotten more attention. And when Gaga gets people's attention, then she does really well.

But I'm okay with Applause and DWUW's mess, because it allowed so much more to happen and is setting Gaga up for a legendary revival.

elijahfan

I'm totally agreeing with you and everyone here is delusional tbh..... Aura was risky musically speaking, but so was Bad Romance, wasn't it? Would you have thought back then that the GP would have bought into the rah-rahs and Gaga-oohlalas? Not to mention the really dark lyrics. Come on. Don't act like you weren't all floored when you heard Aura for the first time. As far as I'm concerned, it's the ARTPOP song that made the strongest impression on me at first listen, and it was a very obvious contender for lead single. It's a much more solid track than Applause.

God no. Radio wouldn't touch that song

Please... Some Australian radios even played it when it leaked.

Stache would have. People said Gaga fell off when Aura leaked

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Warholian

Beyoncé wasn't going to be on aura wtf 

It really seems likely that was the original plan. Gaga stated in interviews that a Beyonce collaboration was in the works, and the opening lines "I killed my former and left her in the trunk on highway 10" was an obvious lead in to the end of the Paparazzi/Telephone trilogy. Something must've happened in the beginning of ARTPOP that stopped that, seeing that Gaga never talked about it again. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Yes. Cause it's much more of a "Gaga" song than Applause. That's what GP really wanted. Applause was cute and did good tho.

elijahfan

Yes. Cause it's much more of a "Gaga" song than Applause. That's what GP really wanted. Applause was cute and did good tho.

Exactly.

When it was "leaked" several radio stations started playing the leaked version, and it also charted on billboard

Please... Some Australian radios even played it when it leaked.

There's a difference between playing a leaked song from a popstar who hasnt released a song in years and actually put a proper song on proper rotation tho :saladga:

elijahfan

There's a difference between playing a leaked song from a popstar who hasnt released a song in years and actually put a proper song on proper rotation tho :saladga:

But that's how much they were thirsty for it :trollga:

Archived