Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't understand people who still want autotune in every Gaga's songs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

Silly people. Those robotic and electronic vocals in some of Gaga's songs aren't auto tune effects. Those are just some other studio effects used to give the song another dimension and concept. Auto tune does not make the studio vocals sound robotic and electronic when it is used in the studio during the production if it is done properly. I doubt Gaga even used auto tune in her songs.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

music not the bling i guess

but U&I is really a music for the US so... and I don't think U&I had promo outside the US & UK tho.

it did reach #8 here in Canada so it made top 10 still

but it was one of her lowest charting ones here

Bad Bromance

I don't really mind the autotune on Gaga's albums because I know she has powerful vocals that adapt themselves to any type of song but it would be nice if her new album was completely autotune-free.

Can you guys imagine the kind of slayage LG5 would have if her vocals were natural and raw as they sound on her acoustic performances?  I'm so hoping this happens with LG5.   :party:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

giskardsb

well I don't mind a little of it so her voice goes "smoothly"

you know, you really have to do it so the record sounds HQ and not hummy (mixing purposes)

that's what compressors do not auto tune.  Millions of albums that were HQ existed before auto tune.  

giskardsb

Silly people. Those robotic and electronic vocals in some of Gaga's songs aren't auto tune effects. Those are just some other studio effects used to give the song another dimension and concept. Auto tune does not make the studio vocals sound robotic and electronic when it is used in the studio during the production if it is done properly. I doubt Gaga even used auto tune in her songs.

half of GGD thinks natural vibrato is an auto tune effect. Auto tune is a plague, but used minimally is nearly unnoticeable. 

barcodemonster

Gaga's gotta do what she gotta do to get that bop. If she has to autotune a la HML I'm ready for the slayage of my anus 

scan my barcode

artRaver

Personally I don't see anything wrong with autotune, but in this case I think you're talking about pitch/voice correction? I'm not sure though. :stalkga: 

Usually when people mention autotune I usually think of Daft Punk's "One More Time" or  Kanye West's 808s & Heartbreak and talk boxes in general... That's just me though.

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

giskardsb

Auto tune is the name of the primary software package used for vocal pitch correction, so I have no idea why some are making a distinction. 

Ethan

half of GGD thinks natural vibrato is an auto tune effect. Auto tune is a plaque, but used minimally is nearly unnoticeable. 

omg so FCKING true at the vibrato part 

PrincessFried

I don't know... I personally haven't found too many people specifically saying they want autotune in every gaga song. Yes the gp is naive and ignorant just like always and forever. I personally like the effect autotune can have. Like poker face for example. The way her voice is changed to sound almost childlike and robotic really does things for the song that she could never replicate with her own voice. 

Bradley

The next album better has backing vocals, or I will not listen to it. :saladga:

Backing vocals gives every song a good boost and power to it. 

No autotune is fine, but we can all pretty much tell that Backing Vocals are practically autotune. :lolgaga:

Love the performance btw. 

Gaga's backing vocals have not been good?

Mr Ricky

Gaga's backing vocals have not been good?

I was referring this to the point where the OP says that he wanted no autotune :P 

Crossfit

Nicole

I don't see any issues with autotune anymore. Everyone knows she's a great vocalist, I don't think she needs to prove that constantly anymore. Yes, autotune is used by a lot of artists in order to improve their voice and deceive people into thinking they can sing. But a lot of artists also use it for the effect it creates on vocals and hence used to their advantage and make the song better. E.g. - I couldn't imagine Heavy Metal Lover without the autotune + other effects that make it what it is.

LoveandMagic

I can see why some would consider it a tragedy to use autotune with that amazing voice of hers, but if used just as an awesome sound effect (and sparingly) I dont have a problem with it. I think though that she is going to want to make a point of showing off her vocals with the next album so I wouldn't worry to much.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived